Stampede Looking for nice looking larger diameter wheels…

erndog66

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Recently got my RT-590…built like a tank! My outdoor cooking area is on a concrete patio that slopes away from my house and along my garage. The wheels (fixed) are 5” diameter. I need to raise the smoker around 1” on the LH side to get it to level. Does anyone know of any decent looking 7” wheels that I can purchase? Something nicer than a lawnmower wheel?

Recently got my RT-590…built like a tank! My outdoor cooking area is on a concrete patio that slopes away from my house and along my garage. The wheels (fixed) are 5” diameter. I need to raise the smoker around 1” on the LH side to get it to level. Does anyone know of any decent looking 7” wheels that I can purchase? Something nicer than a lawnmower wheel?
Placing a piece of wood of the appropriate thickness under the wheels works for me.

Thank you for the suggestion and that would work. I want to maintain portability without removing the blocks.
Use a long piece of wood, wheel to wheel. Roll over it as needed.

Do you have a harbor freight nearby? I believe they carry a 7" and 8" wheels.

Macs
Tractor Supply Store
Menards
Harbor Freight
Amazon

Edit: could always switch them all with 6" & 8" , 2 swivel, 2 solid, or all swivel. Many on Amazon

Last edited:
7” wheels are hard to find! Lots of 6” and 8’ out there, but 7” seems to be a non-standard size. That said, there are these:

https://www.amazon.com/Shepherd-Har...locphy=9033357&hvtargid=pla-350980948538&th=1

And, they come in 6”, 7” and 8” sizes, so you could have matching wheels on your off-kilter grill. If the red color is a problem, spray paint comes in a wide variety of colors. ;)

Edit: finally got the link fixed; it now works.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back