Bull Large Shelf Warping

hogginthegrillbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey all! I've only been a RT Bull owner for about 3 months, so I'm pretty new to this forum. But I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced warping with either their large or small interior shelf. I have the large shelf, and from early on it started to warp. It's not terrible, but it does cause the shelf to rock a bit when being used. It causes one corner raise up maybe about an inch. I emailed Rec Tec about it, and they said it doesn't seem to be a big deal. But should I press the issue? Has anyone had this experience?

I have had the shelf for four years with my 680 and use it quite a bit with no warping. I do not keep in the pit when I am using the pit without the need for the second shelf. I usually rest it across the hopper lid. If the pit is off, I keep it inside the drum folded on the grates.

Hey all! I've only been a RT Bull owner for about 3 months, so I'm pretty new to this forum. But I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced warping with either their large or small interior shelf. I have the large shelf, and from early on it started to warp. It's not terrible, but it does cause the shelf to rock a bit when being used. It causes one corner raise up maybe about an inch. I emailed Rec Tec about it, and they said it doesn't seem to be a big deal. But should I press the issue? Has anyone had this experience?

I have the large shelf but only have had my Bull for about a month. No issues. However, if my shelf warps two months from now and RT won’t replace it I’m going to be pissed.

Did you ever get a hold of Rec Tec and see what they would do about the warped upper shelf?

Did you ever get a hold of Rec Tec and see what they would do about the warped upper shelf?
Sorry for the late reply.....I did call. The guy said it looked fine to him and wouldn’t send a replacement. I’ve been a little disappointed with RT’s “award winning” customer service. I’ve also had issues with the heat deflector warping (the same guy said that was fine too), and the red silicone peeling off. The grill is built like a tank but their quality control seems to be lacking.

I'd call back and talk to a different "Guy"...this sounds pretty abnormal. Do you have a picture of the warping?...

I'd call back and talk to a different "Guy"...this sounds pretty abnormal. Do you have a picture of the warping?...
I attached the photos of both, but the shelf is hard to document. I may need to snap better photos. The heat deflector isn’t a big deal. Although it’s definitely warped, it’s still doing it’s job. The interior shelf warp is minor too, it’s more annoying if anything. It rocks back and forth in the grill because it’s not level. It’s hard to see in the photo, but when the right side sits flat, the back left corner raises up a 1/2 inch or more. When the left side sits flat, the front right corner pops up about 1/2 inch. Neither issues are a HUGE deal, but it’s disappointing and annoying that it’s happening. I had Camp Chef’s entry-level pellet grill for years, and never had issues such as these. I don’t know whether it’s worth calling to voice my complaints to RT again or not. Maybe it’s just me being OCD.

Attachments

• 79E6AE5C-BAFB-4319-BE1A-37C6D118D47A.jpeg
    79E6AE5C-BAFB-4319-BE1A-37C6D118D47A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 5DAADB8D-4694-4345-9D43-5E3DE662CDA2.jpeg
    5DAADB8D-4694-4345-9D43-5E3DE662CDA2.jpeg
    627.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 3FA4D859-8F55-46C7-825C-4E9C118D3484.jpeg
    3FA4D859-8F55-46C7-825C-4E9C118D3484.jpeg
    978.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 640C8E85-89A1-4054-AF7F-7DD55F3228C8.jpeg
    640C8E85-89A1-4054-AF7F-7DD55F3228C8.jpeg
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 89
I attached the photos of both, but the shelf is hard to document. I may need to snap better photos. The heat deflector isn’t a big deal. Although it’s definitely warped, it’s still doing it’s job. The interior shelf warp is minor too, it’s more annoying if anything. It rocks back and forth in the grill because it’s not level. It’s hard to see in the photo, but when the right side sits flat, the back left corner raises up a 1/2 inch or more. When the left side sits flat, the front right corner pops up about 1/2 inch. Neither issues are a HUGE deal, but it’s disappointing and annoying that it’s happening. I had Camp Chef’s entry-level pellet grill for years, and never had issues such as these. I don’t know whether it’s worth calling to voice my complaints to RT again or not. Maybe it’s just me being OCD.
The way I see it, you have concerns that are bothering you about REC TEC products you bought. Contact CS and discuss it with them to work out your situations to you satisfaction and as I've mentioned to other folks here more than once in this forum if you don't resolve the issue to your liking call the General Manager or one of the owners. What we're talking about here didn't cost a $1.99, it doesn't matter if it's a HUGE deal or not. If you are not happy, REC TEC should want to rectify that, doing what they can within reason of course.

An excellent Customer Service reputation is very hard to attain, with that said it's even harder to maintain if you don't take care of customer concerns no matter how seemingly small or insignificant. That reputation can be lost very quickly and easily too, sometimes almost overnight! Once that happens it's next to impossible to regain that ground.

Haven't seen the shelf warping posted before. I agree to call rec tec again. They are usually over anxious to fix any problems. I am still waiting for them to restock the large
interior shelf. ??

Hi All I would call again. I've had very good luck with RT customer service.
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_124747688_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200428_124747688_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20200502_154810054_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20200502_154810054_BURST001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back