Kicked from FB group

Well, we can agree to disagree.

They are not required to sell you, or replace, anything but the parts for the grill you ordered to honor the warranty.

I'm with you....they improved (maybe) the 700, and most of the improvements seem to have direct ties to things people have modded and posted about on the internet here and elsewhere.

It's not like RT invented any of this stuff...hell they didn't exist (nor did other pellet grill makers) until the Traeger patents expired.

Never said they were required to sell anyone parts.

If they were truly the customer centric company they pretend to be, they would offer existing owners the opportunity to upgrade certain items instead of telling them to buy the new grill. That is how you take care of those that take care of you.

This is greed.. plain & simple. We can disagree but they did it on the controllers and now on simple bolt on parts.

They could do so much more.. imagine what they would do the competition if they merely supported this. Folks would be much more inclined to purchase their product knowing they had a path for upgrades if they desired. Not sure who would argue that.

Never said they were required to sell anyone parts.

If they were truly the customer centric company they pretend to be, they would offer existing owners the opportunity to upgrade certain items instead of telling them to buy the new grill. That is how you take care of those that take care of you.

This is greed.. plain & simple. We can disagree but they did it on the controllers and now on simple bolt on parts.

They could do so much more.. imagine what they would do the competition if they merely supported this. Folks would be much more inclined to purchase their product knowing they had a path for upgrades if they desired. Not sure who would argue that.

Perhaps. Personally, I think they should offer a path so folks can upgrade, and perhaps they will.

I just don't think they are going to do it anytime soon. I don't know what kind of stock level they have, but I doubt they ordered more than a few hundred (IF that many) 1250's from their manufacturer/supplier.

As you mentioned earlier, the way these things are priced they are not flying off the shelves. The average American is NOT going to buy a $1000+ grill. The average Joe is going to Walmart, or other big box and buying a Pit Boss or something like that in the less than $500 range.

I'm going watch the IndyCar race this morning,
Exactly... just a friendly forum discussion going on here :) ..

Unlike FB you get tossed (back on topic)

Absolutely.....we're just discussing with no cussin'

Let's get back on track guys...

Facebook stinks!!! :D :D
Yea. I had a Facebook account since they were only available in certain colleges. It changed for the worse over the last 15 years and I finally deleted it 3 or 4 years ago. I did enjoy certain groups though, but dedicated forums are better.

Yea. I had a Facebook account since they were only available in certain colleges. It changed for the worse over the last 15 years and I finally deleted it 3 or 4 years ago. I did enjoy certain groups though, but dedicated forums are better.
Ditto! I was a beta tester, but got rid of my account in 2016.

I was kicked out of the Recteq Grill Owners of America Facebook group for recommending to another member where he could get a shelf for his 700.

Chad Peterson has been making shelf kits for recteq grills for years. Recteq has financially benefited from Peterson, but has recently kicked him out of all their forums.

A member asked where he could get a shelf and I replied with Peterson’s name. I was kicked out for it.
I’m deleting my Recteq RT-590 group membership and you can kick me from this forum as well.
I love my Recteq grill, but will not likely be a return customer!
...I know who you are I replied ,it's ridiculous, he should be able to post about his shelves or be tagged.. I see alot of complaining about that group and the guy that runs it. Btw, I got kicked out also because I simply asked a question on another post in that group...haha!!
Steve Brands is the admins name he runs that group (poorly I might add)
He acts like a complete jackass and doesn't represent RT..are you here Steve??
Thanks for the info about RecTeq you posted there*
So whom ever wants to sell the lid drip deflectors here..prepare for a cease and desist letter...**

Last edited:
RT might want to think twice about that one.....Grilla Grills might have to send RT such a letter. ;)
Lol!..Well, this is what the original poster is talking about. This is from the guy that makes the shelves... What's next the drip lid, the probe holders? The decals?... RecTeq used all their ideas/inventions on the 1250 it seems... Right ?
FB_IMG_1628948367356.jpg

Pretty shitty, but I'm not sure you can legally stop someone for making aftermarket parts unless it infringes on a trademark, or patents.

Note:. I am not a lawyer.

Pretty shitty, but I'm not sure you can legally stop someone for making aftermarket parts unless it infringes on a trademark, or patents.
RT seems to be managing media. They (RT) seem to be in control of FB and I know for a fact that they edit reviews on their web page. This is really sad but shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone.

I was kicked out of the Recteq Grill Owners of America Facebook group for recommending to another member where he could get a shelf for his 700.

Chad Peterson has been making shelf kits for recteq grills for years. Recteq has financially benefited from Peterson, but has recently kicked him out of all their forums.

A member asked where he could get a shelf and I replied with Peterson’s name. I was kicked out for it.
I’m deleting my Recteq RT-590 group membership and you can kick me from this forum as well.
I love my Recteq grill, but will not likely be a return customer!
This Dorseyization of differing positions is permeating every facet of the American scene. It's dangerous and antethetical to the spirit and intent of the founding fathers and our Constitution. Still, it's just a grill forum. 😄

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back