Custom Stainless Front shelf - Group Buy?

Geargambler

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I'm referencing another thread here that has some great info and pics of custom front shelves: https://www.recteqforum.com/threads/stampede-custom-front-folding-shelf.2130/

I bought the amazon brackets, installed them, took measurements, and went to see a friend who does custom metal work. He is going to work me up a price for a shelf made of stainless. There will be bends at the front and on the sides (will clear the brackets) and holes will be there to anchor to the brackets. It gets cut on the laser table, so we can actually cut out the word STAMPEDE. Buying enough to completely use up the entire sheet of stainless will drop the price. I don't have a price yet for mine, but if it drops the price enough, would others be interested in getting in on the deal?

StampedeFrontShelf.jpg

I'm referencing another thread here that has some great info and pics of custom front shelves: https://www.recteqforum.com/threads/stampede-custom-front-folding-shelf.2130/

I bought the amazon brackets, installed them, took measurements, and went to see a friend who does custom metal work. He is going to work me up a price for a shelf made of stainless. There will be bends at the front and on the sides (will clear the brackets) and holes will be there to anchor to the brackets. It gets cut on the laser table, so we can actually cut out the word STAMPEDE. Buying enough to completely use up the entire sheet of stainless will drop the price. I don't have a price yet for mine, but if it drops the price enough, would others be interested in getting in on the deal?

View attachment 6151
I’m in, since the boys don’t seem to be able to get them.

I think if you post an estimated price and how many you can make from one sheet of stainless it should get peoples interest going.

I think if you post an estimated price and how many you can make from one sheet of stainless it should get peoples interest going.
I will! Just waiting for the quote. I'll also get the quote with and without the stampede cut out, just in case it makes a huge difference.

Interested for sure. I assume the folded corners will be welded together? What series stainless?

I know this is for the Stampede, but if you don’t get enough interest to utilize the entire sheet of SS, I may be interested if he can do a smaller shelf for a Trailblazer.

Interested depending on cost of course
Already bought the Amazon folding brackets :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back