Bull Just purchased the Bull

derocknc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on a the RT-700 and I'm really pumped about it. I went with the advice of some on here and am waiting to use it until I purchase any mods. I did go ahead and grab the cover and 100lbs of pellets. The coolers were tempting but even at a discount those things are pricey. I got this notification today that it has been 'shipped' but that seems awful quick, plus its so close to me. Are they based in South Carolina?
1648065609548.png

I'm in Charlotte, NC if you cant tell from my great penmanship, so I gotta think it'll be here in no time? There hasn't been a shipping update so maybe 'shipped' just means they assigned it to that service and a label has been created. I won't blame them if it ends up taking a while with all the nonsense. I was hoping to show off the results of this new smoker during Easter but I'm probably cutting it close to get this thing in, learn how to use it/ruin some meat before I can create a viable end product.

I've read through the forums a bit so don't have any real specific questions other than if anyone has any tips/tricks on assembly/what to look out for. Just came here to say hello since I plan on posting some food if I happen to end up proud of it.

I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on a the RT-700 and I'm really pumped about it. I went with the advice of some on here and am waiting to use it until I purchase any mods. I did go ahead and grab the cover and 100lbs of pellets. The coolers were tempting but even at a discount those things are pricey. I got this notification today that it has been 'shipped' but that seems awful quick, plus its so close to me. Are they based in South Carolina?
View attachment 15442
I'm in Charlotte, NC if you cant tell from my great penmanship, so I gotta think it'll be here in no time? There hasn't been a shipping update so maybe 'shipped' just means they assigned it to that service and a label has been created. I won't blame them if it ends up taking a while with all the nonsense. I was hoping to show off the results of this new smoker during Easter but I'm probably cutting it close to get this thing in, learn how to use it/ruin some meat before I can create a viable end product.

I've read through the forums a bit so don't have any real specific questions other than if anyone has any tips/tricks on assembly/what to look out for. Just came here to say hello since I plan on posting some food if I happen to end up proud of it.
Assemble the grill fully clothed and sober.

RT is in Georgia, just outside Augusta although I forget the town name. Heck, you could have driven there.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the grill. RecTeq is in Evans Ga. just outside of Augusta. You should have the grill before Easter no problem.
The only assembly recommendation I have for you is to have someone handy to help you lift the grill upright when it is time to do that. It’s possible to do it on your own, but safer and much easier with help.
Good luck, enjoy the grill.

Congtats…your going to love it
I ordered my RT-1250 on a Wed and it was delivered the next Monday
You‘ll get it quick…get ready to assemble

Thanks for the replies, and the advice on having a helping hand around. I have some new neighbors I've been planning to go to Jon G's BBQ (in Peachland, NC. Look this place up if you are a Texas person in NC and have trouble finding brisket) with that I'm sure will be interested in helping me set it up. As much as I'd like to say I'd be fine on my own, getting older my back would probably beg to differ.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your 700! As for the wait, hopefully it’s nice and quick for you. Sometimes it makes it to a local terminal quickly and then sits there for a few days. Fingers crossed for a fast delivery!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your 700! As for the wait, hopefully it’s nice and quick for you. Sometimes it makes it to a local terminal quickly and then sits there for a few days. Fingers crossed for a fast delivery!
My 700 was shipped with Estes Motor Freight. I live a little bit into the sticks. It arrived at the local Estes depot on a Wednesday. Estes called me Thursday morning to schedule/verify delivery. Unfortunately, they only came out to my area on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Thursday truck was already out on deliveries, so I had to wait until the following Tuesday, sigh...... Oh well, it all worked out and everything arrived in great shape.

Oh, and yes, have a helper for lifting it upright. I did it by myself, but it was borderline and I'm a good sized guy.

Just going to echo what everyone else has already said. A second set of hands will do wonders and make your life infinitely easier not only with standing it up but also general assembly. Did it by myself and can confirm it is a struggle solo.

Yeah, I figured I'd file the sense of accomplishment from lifting it myself under 'not worth it'.

Update: I received a text to schedule shipment this morning and was able to schedule for tomorrow! It's between 7:00am-7:00pm (LOL) but I love that they give you the option to have them call an hour before they arrive. Really smooth process so far, fingers crossed.

I did just think of a question. Our little porch is a 20'x5.5' slab of concrete that my second floor overhangs. From the videos I've seen it doesn't appear that smoke just billows out of this thing but if I'm that close to my house and there is a roof above the grill will that cause damage? I plan on adding some pavers, etc to the backyard setup but haven't done so as of yet. Worst case scenario I'll pull the grill onto the grass.

Hopefully this will help. I have a second floor deck where I have a RT-340, a Bullseye, and a Matador. The 340 vents directly out of the back of the barrel, about 6 inches (pulled out for the photo) from my deck railing. I use the 340 all the time, and after nearly 18 months, this is how much ‘damage’ my deck has received. I figure the wood is more protected here then where it is not getting smoke. I don’t want to dismiss your concerns, as safety is paramount when locating your grill. but I would not be concerned with smoke damage.
4D0FCB26-7CF2-474F-8F6D-D431A0AB48A6.jpeg

I’d personally be more worried about damage from heat or a potential fire than smoke, but that’s just my opinion. The gentleman who designed my patio insisted on a minimum gap of 2 feet between the grill area and the house for that reason.

Last edited:
a minimum gap of 2 feet between the grill area and the house for that reason.
Agree, that is an absolute minimum (IMHO) and if you have vinal siding and do anything hotter than 225-250 I would keep the grill 4' away, especially if you crank it up to 400+ degrees.

Haha, that's the plan right there. Sober is a relative term. So, today is the day. Haven't received the 'hour out' call yet but hoping it happens earlier than later.

Here are a couple pics of my deck. It's actually a little wider than I thought, maybe 7 feet. I'm thinking I should be able to put the grill on the edge and be alright unless anyone feels like it will affect the roof above.

Note: Before anyone says anything I will be pressure washing the deck and also fixing the grass (we've recently moved in, it was new construction). Well, except for the dead parts there. Thats where my dog pees and I don't think I can do too much about that.

Attachments

• 107980.jpeg
    107980.jpeg
    580.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 107978.jpeg
    107978.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 80
I should be able to put the grill on the edge and be alright unless anyone feels like it will affect the roof above
I have my 700 under our patio and I do have some smoke stains on the ceiling. My wife isn’t too happy about it as we just had the house painted a year ago. Our plan is to get a pergola for my smoking and grilling area but until I do it’ll stay under the patio. I figure I’ll have some smoke stain clean up experience to share on the forum once the pergola goes up.

Ah that's good to know.. guess I'll put it on Sadie's pee spot in the grass then. Also, the eagle has landed.. I'm too impatient to wait for my neighbors help so we'll see how this goes. May get a hand from my wife.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back