Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Last edited:
@C. Keeper , you read my mind. I got the email this morning and pondered. In the end, so many toys, so little time and money. Maybe I'll ask Santa.

I don't like that it's only a 2 yr warranty.
Are they expecting it to self destruct due to the extreme heat it can put out?
The 1070 is a 6 year warranty.

Its a legit question. Its priced high enough it should have the warranty of the 590, 4 years. But then again, I have a $2000 exercise bike which came with a 1 year warranty.

Would make sense to buy the grill on a credit card that extends the warranty for free. My AMEX gives an extra year so that doubles most of my purchases standard 1 year warranty

Valid point! I'm sure the market will sort this out.

New improved grill with a short warranty doesn't instill buyer confidence. IMHO

I don’t see it at this price point even though the Wi-Fi was what I was waiting for. All else to me are options I’m just not willing to pay for. The warranty as mentioned is concerning.

Have to sit on the sidelines for a bit and see how this one plays out. My current tools work well enough for now.

I don’t see it at this price point even though the Wi-Fi was what I was waiting for. All else to me are options I’m just not willing to pay for. The warranty as mentioned is concerning.

Have to sit on the sidelines for a bit and see how this one plays out. My current tools work well enough for now.
Can you explain the desire for wifi on a 1000* grill? You have to be right there, or the food magically goes to blackened - and not in a good way. Notifications still aren't reliable; the feature I want most is a grill that talks to my phone - not grill->server->phone.

Can you explain the desire for wifi on a 1000* grill? You have to be right there, or the food magically goes to blackened - and not in a good way. Notifications still aren't reliable; the feature I want most is a grill that talks to my phone - not grill->server->phone.

Like I said, the rest of the features including 1k deg is not what I was looking for.

I don’t rely on notifications but I do use the app for checking in and turning off once the unit settles to shutdown. It’s a convience thing for me that would be nice to have on the original 380.

I don’t have any server connection issues and never did so that is a non-issue for me. If anyone has these issues it has to be their setup.

I'm curious how this performs also. But for the price point, they should have up'd to at least a 3 year warranty.

I don't have any reason to get to 1000 degrees but it is cool. The wi-fii is cool also.

I do like the design and upgrades but my Stainless steel bullseye is still doing great. I am sure someday I'll want to upgrade and while I really like the upgrades, I won't be getting this. But still, curious once people get their hands on it, would love to hear experiences.

I got one and they still have issues with low quality Chinese parts. It cooks great and I'm glad I got it. Just disappointed with the damaged parts and scratched stainless
20221110_143009.jpg
20221110_143009.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineGriller
Back