ICER Coolers

Bmseay

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Matador
We will need to add a new group to talk about RecTeq's ICER coolers pretty soon, whenever we decide on the new forum name. They will be released on Thursday - very cool designs - watch the video from today's live stream if you haven't already.

I wish them well but the boutique cooler market will be hard to break into unless they price them a for lot less than the existing competition or spend billions on marketing.

You tube has a ridiculous number of videos comparing coolers. I feel like an idiot for buying the one Yeti I have. Those side by side tests show pretty clearly that guys like me can get away with knock offs with zero issue/concern. Yes... if you are going on a boat for a three day fishing trip (sun and temps at 90 degrees for 3 days) or deep in to the woods to camp off the grid maybe you pay the big $$$. But for 8 hours on the lake... a trip to my hunting cabin to get my stuff from fridge to fridge. I am now all about the no name versions of these double wall insulated coolers. Half the price 80% of the performance.

Agree... this is a very tough market. there are dozens of competitors in the space!

Hi all,
I am new to the “forum.”
I stayed up late last week to land a new ”Bullseye.” (YAY !)
I will be assembling it soon, and report my experience. I have GREAT expectations.

I believe you get what you pay for in a lot of instances. That being said I have a inexpensive igloo cooler that I use to hold my briskets in when there finished cooking. They work great for that. I also have a yeti (I won it) that I’ll use for icing down drinks etc I must say that thing will hold ice for several days. It’s heavy and sturdy

Maybe sell them as a lost leader to get started. Add to the package deals. I would think the coolers will need to be very economical to capture more than the fan base.

You tube has a ridiculous number of videos comparing coolers. I feel like an idiot for buying the one Yeti I have. Those side by side tests show pretty clearly that guys like me can get away with knock offs with zero issue/concern. Yes... if you are going on a boat for a three day fishing trip (sun and temps at 90 degrees for 3 days) or deep in to the woods to camp off the grid maybe you pay the big $$$. But for 8 hours on the lake... a trip to my hunting cabin to get my stuff from fridge to fridge. I am now all about the no name versions of these double wall insulated coolers. Half the price 80% of the performance.

Agree... this is a very tough market. there are dozens of competitors in the space!
I agree. One can buy a Yeti for this price and Yeti wannbes for as much as a hundred dollars less. Just got a 45 quart OtterBox which is rated for holding cold for longer than Yeti for 200 dollars.

I promise you the coolers will fail to gain traction at anywhere near the boutique cooler prices. A Yeti decal on the bumper of your truck gives you street cred for what little it is worth.. A RT decal means nothing unless they pump billions into advertising like Yeti did.

I agree. One can buy a Yeti for this price and Yeti wannbes for as much as a hundred dollars less. Just got a 45 quart OtterBox which is rated for holding cold for longer than Yeti for 200 dollars.
Those OtterBox coolers are no joke! My father in law was given one by his neighbor and it performs better than any Yeti I’ve used. The Lifetime brand coolers are also very, very good And a lot less!

I have to admit, the coolers and insulated drinkware . . . I don't know the right words . . . I guess they give me an uneasy feeling. This stuff has all been done many times over, and many options are less expensive. It's not a space that needed a new player. So the game changer here is that every cooler has a unique swirl? Yay? :unsure:

I have to admit, the coolers and insulated drinkware . . . I don't know the right words . . . I guess they give me an uneasy feeling. This stuff has all been done many times over, and many options are less expensive. It's not a space that needed a new player. So the game changer here is that every cooler has a unique swirl? Yay? :unsure:
I like the look. And if the price were comparable to Lifetime I would definitely buy. But its not. And with great coolers out there for less, I do not know why I would buy just to say I got something with the same logo as my pellet grill.

A little reading has also shown me there are far more brands and players than I realized for coolers. Good for RT if they're able to sell. For me, their price is high enough that I'd include more established names for consideration when looking to buy. The timing is also tough, since summer is winding down.

I promise you the coolers will fail to gain traction at anywhere near the boutique cooler prices. A Yeti decal on the bumper of your truck gives you street cred for what little it is worth.. A RT decal means nothing unless they pump billions into advertising like Yeti did.

Street cred?!? more like an extra 15HP, better than my K&N sticker... whoooo boy, we are rocking out now!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back