Stampede How to do Hamburgers

I’ve looked at many posts that say don’t do hamburgers on a Rectec smoker…just cooked some premade 1/2 lb patties on a Deck Boss 590 including toasting the buns and they were awesome! 450 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes per side. May could have cooked at 400 degrees. Amazing how fast it gets up to temp. Love this thing.

I’ve looked at many posts that say don’t do hamburgers on a Rectec smoker…just cooked some premade 1/2 lb patties on a Deck Boss 590 including toasting the buns and they were awesome! 450 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes per side. May could have cooked at 400 degrees. Amazing how fast it gets up to temp. Love this thing.
Sometimes you just have to forge your own path. The best 1/4 or 1/2 pound burgers my kids and their friends claim to have ever tasted came off my Bull. ProTip #1: I like to grind my own beef using the equivalent of about 80%/20%. I start with a 90% from Costco and regrind it 2 times using Wagyu or prime grade trimmings from my briskets. I also like to add about 10% spicy ground pork to give the burgers the extra zip we like. For the actual cooking, I smoke them at around 180F for 30-45 minutes, remove them when they are just beyond tartare or before they get to rare. Then I let them rest in a covered pan as I crank the temp to high. When up to temp, I use the grill grates to put a nice char on both sides and pull and serve. ProTip 2#: If you season or “paint” the burger lightly with a combo of 90% Wagyu tallow and 10% butter then sear it you will thank me later for the juicy/buttery flavor. The good thing about the slow smoking is that you can add all your seasonings, spices, onions and other ingredients and they fuse with the meat quite well. The other neat thing about using the GGs on high is that as soon as you sear one side, you can add cheese and it will be perfectly melted by the time the other side is seared. Let us know how it works out.
‘Zilla

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back