Bull Hot Bull Horns

I only use celery seed in coleslaw, to be honest. Sure as hell ain't going to mess up beef with it.

My 1250 didn't come with any gasket or padding for between the lid and the horns. I will have to see how hot it gets.

I absolutely hate celery and will not eat it raw or cooked but I love celery seed and put it on a lot of stuff as a seasoning.

Vile weed! But I do put celery salt in my homemade BBQ sauce. Gives it a little interesting flavor.

RT told me the pads were only for shipping to prevent scratching. My BFG horns are actually cooler to the touch without the pads. As an added bonus, I haven't had to tighten the horns once since removing them.

RT told me the pads were only for shipping to prevent scratching. My BFG horns are actually cooler to the touch without the pads. As an added bonus, I haven't had to tighten the horns once since removing them.

That's odd since some of their pictures show the pads installed. WTH is going on at RT?

Go the their site, look at the RT-700, and click on the horn picture. You can see the pad installed.

That's odd since some of their pictures show the pads installed. WTH is going on at RT?

Go the their site, look at the RT-700, and click on the horn picture. You can see the pad installed.
In addition, mine were never used for shipping in any way, shape, or form. They were clearly meant for another purpose.

Recteq emailed me back about my issues with my 1250 today and they told me that those pads are to prevent scratches to the lid when installing the horns and didn't mention anything about shipping.

Sounds like RT is going the way Traeger did. Great customer support, they get bigger and POOF!

Just another grill company with hit or miss support.

Sounds like RT is going the way Traeger did. Great customer support, they get bigger and POOF!

Just another grill company with hit or miss support.
I agree. I haven’t had my bull for more than a couple of months but have Called a few times or so on different issues whether a problem or just a question and it really is hit or miss. Call one day and someone is practically willing to come over your house and help fix something and call the next day and the person is looking to get you off the phone faster than you can speak

I have an original 700 with the straight legs. The horns get extremely hot from sitting out in the sun even with the cover on. They are too hot to handle to open the lid. I need to look into these pads. I don't have any issues with them once the grill is lit and going.

Every time I see the title of this thread, I immediately think it’s a really bad recipe.

So I’m sure we’ve all noticed how hot parts of the horns can get.
I watched the 1250 assembly video and i saw that it comes with the padding that the 2500 comes with to put between horns and lid.
Wanted to know if anyone else is putting these on and what they are using to help with the heat?
I've never noticed. I have the RT-700 & horns are warm, not hot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back