Bull Hot Bull Horns

NinoRT700

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I’m sure we’ve all noticed how hot parts of the horns can get.
I watched the 1250 assembly video and i saw that it comes with the padding that the 2500 comes with to put between horns and lid.
Wanted to know if anyone else is putting these on and what they are using to help with the heat?

My 590 also came with padding. If you think those horns are hot now, be careful if you put an insulating blanket on it in the winter.

No matter if you're using the padding or not, be sure to NOT cover the horns when using any kind of heat blanket. If you do, no matter what the horns will get VERY hot.
I cut holes for the horns when i bought a welding blanket as insulation.

Looks like ill have to get in touch with recteq and see if they’ll send them to me.
About midway on the horns get to that point.
Even doing something at 250 got that way. Not just high heat

I just called recteq and was told they dont do anything to help with heat resistance but only to not scratch the lid…

Get some gasket material, you could make your own very easily. I would use double layer. I think my 590 had them.

My Bull RT700 horns get warm on long cooks. Especially, where they attach to the grill. Not so much at the tips of the horns. I have never felt the need to use gloves to open the grill. The insulation gasket that comes with the new grill to instal between the horns and grill is a must.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back