Help! Dual Fire or 380x

Chadwicks

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
I can’t decide and need some suggestions…

I have 700 now. Should I sell 700 and get the dual fire or should I keep the 700 and add 380x?

I can’t decide and need some suggestions…

I have 700 now. Should I sell 700 and get the dual fire or should I keep the 700 and add 380x?
I have the 700 (3+ years old) and 380X. That combo works well for us. I would add the 2nd grill, not switch to the dual fire.

I’m a 700 / 380 owner and love the combination. Two fully capable grills vs. one trying to kinda be like the two of them but with much less space. If you have the room for both it’s a no brainer IMO.

I know you didn’t ask for this combination but a RT700 and high end gasser rule for versatility and redundancy should one go down. Ultimately, It depends on how, what, and for how many you cook. Good luck with your decision.

I know you didn’t ask for this combination but a RT700 and high end gasser rule for versatility and redundancy should one go down. Ultimately, It depends on how, what, and for how many you cook. Good luck with your decision.
Or the 700, high end gasser and the 380x 🤪

But then again that’s acquiring more toys!! Oh wait that’s another thread!

What is it that you don’t like about the 700? It has been a workhorse for many and, IMHO, it and the 590 were probably the most popular grills Recteq has offered.

If the 700 will do the low-and-slow stuff for you, it would seem that adding something for the hot-and-fast cooks would be your priority. And, as others have said, a quality gas grill makes a great companion for the pellet smoker.

What is it that you don’t like about the 700? It has been a workhorse for many and, IMHO, it and the 590 were probably the most popular grills Recteq has offered.

If the 700 will do the low-and-slow stuff for you, it would seem that adding something for the hot-and-fast cooks would be your priority. And, as others have said, a quality gas grill makes a great companion for the pellet smoker.
Love the 700. Just takes too long to get hot hot and imo not great for searing. I’m thinking adding the 380x as that’s what most people are recommending. Don’t really want to add gasser because then I have to get propane. Would prefer to stick with 1 fuel source.

Love the 700. Just takes too long to get hot hot and imo not great for searing. I’m thinking adding the 380x as that’s what most people are recommending. Don’t really want to add gasser because then I have to get propane. Would prefer to stick with 1 fuel source.
That makes sense. I think adding the 380X would be a good choice. The 700 will certainly do the low-and-slow stuff. IMO, that would give you far more flexibility than the dual-fire.

I would add the 380x. I have 700 and installed the faster motor from get to higher temps. But the 700 isn't really for over 500F. I added the 380x and love it. It gets used much more because it's easier to clean and ash dump system. Iron grates help it and only fire has rotisserie racks, pizza oven, and skewer racks, with DRG S1 hinge makes it extremely versatile. Can't go wrong with the 380x IMO

I would add the 380x. I have 700 and installed the faster motor from get to higher temps. But the 700 isn't really for over 500F. I added the 380x and love it. It gets used much more because it's easier to clean and ash dump system. Iron grates help it and only fire has rotisserie racks, pizza oven, and skewer racks, with DRG S1 hinge makes it extremely versatile. Can't go wrong with the 380x IMO
Thanks, great info!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back