Bullseye Heat gone awry!

Larr-dogg

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Turned on Bullseye to 500. After 20 minutes temp was at 650+. Then grill cooled to 380 with grill setting still at 500. Then it slowly raised in temp. Turned off grill and cooked steaks in oven under broiler. First and only problem I have had. Any thoughts?

You had a pellet bridge in the hopper going to the auger. Happened to me a couple of times. One time was a big kaboom. Took me a while to figure out what and how it happened. Just last night doing some salmon at 200 the temp dropped to 165 before I noticed it. Once I did I opened the hopper and pushed the pellets down to the auger with the end of the Spatula wooden handle. Temp climbed up right of way,

Just completed assembly and fired up for the initial burn in. Set temp to 400 as directed. She climbed up to 580 until I set her to COOL. Going to let her get back close to ambient and try again.

Will report back.

On my burn-in the temp shot way up, then back to 400 and held well. I think the issue is having the auger tube empty when you start. I would add more pellets to the firepot initially so there isn't the gap when those pellets burn and the ones being fed arrive.
I turned my offset to +15 and have been very happy with the temp performance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back