Have you ever had Wifi Alarms work?

Have your Wifi alarms ever worked?

• Total voters

Carsononline

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
OK, Im hearing conflicting things. What I know is that my alarms (ios) and my friends alarms (android) neither work now. I want to find out if this is a chronic issue.

On an S9 alarms have always worked for me

Last cook was chicken breasts on Sunday,both alarms set at 160, both went off at 160

I can ditto @ken g on all counts. Except for a brief period, about two weeks, when IOS and RT updated in the same week which caught RT unaware, all wifi functions have worked since day one in Nov 18. For people who are not getting what they expect this is a "real" problem, I get that. But there are a bunch of folks who don't have any issues, even if polls don't reflect that. There's an old axiom in business along the lines that satisfied customers are less likely to speak up than dissatisfied customers......………...probably applies for this matter as well. There's probably a mixture of operator error, and application/hardware glitching, and voodoo that makes some people successful and others not, even though by reported factors they "appear" the same.

I'll assume it's likely that there are many users whom experience no issues but we don't have access to the data whereby we can substantiate claims on either side of the pendulum. But what I do have is some personal experience with RT since having purchased the Bull mid-December. I had a couple minor issues--both of which were resolved without any struggle--and then I asked for a small discount on their smoker box that was graciously granted. Another forum member reported that he was offered a rather significant accessory for his inconvenience. And on my first phone call when they didn't answer I ended without leaving a message, intending to shoot an email, yet they returned the call within 10 minutes.

I said all that to say this: even though there are just 1600 members here, only 5 of 40 voters reported zero issues. So in my feeble mind it's fair to say there's a substantial number of users whom experience issues. When they return a missed phone call when no message was left, and when they voluntarily offer a free add-on, I'm confident that some folks here would value a voluntary statement on their web site that some folks are experiencing issues where certain app functionality is failing. Not having an alarm is not an issue for me because I have a few third party solutions but if I didn't have that option I'd be extremely unhappy, especially to learn after the fact that it was a known issue.

OK, Im hearing conflicting things. What I know is that my alarms (ios) and my friends alarms (android) neither work now. I want to find out if this is a chronic issue.
While I've been in the beta program for a long time, they've always worked on my Android devices... 100% of the time.

My alarms use to work perfectly until the new update to fix the iOS came out. I have an Android S7 phone.

The alarms would start working after the pit temp reached the set temp and went over/under by the set amount.

Now, after the update, the alarms begin to sound on startup and beep all the way to the set point. Very annoying. I have to remember to turn the alarm on once the pit temp has reached the set temp to avoid all of the beeping.

The problem is, once I acknowledge the beeps, there are no more beeps to follow when needed. I have tried restarting the app, but it still will not alarm again for that same session/cook. I wished Rec Tec would fix this. The APP is useless now making the price point of the Rec Tec overpriced with the wifi being useless as is.

I've had similar problems, but they have been resolved. Send me an email with your phone number, I may be able to help --- too involved to write it.
Dan

I am now 0 for 2 on the alarms working. However, the rest of my app is flawless. I turned on my smoker from about 12 miles away and it was up to temp when I got home?
I have to agree. I turned on the smoker, put on the meat and played Dad for about 4 hours running my kids around town. All the while, being able to monitor my smoke at all times. Kind of seems like cheating a little, but man it's nice not having to worry about pit temps. Especially, this time of year. However, I still can't get the alarms to work......

Android 10 user on a Pixel 3aXL and latest app version. Alarms have never worked.

I’m not understanding how an update to the iOS app would affect the Android app?
It was around the time of the ios update announcement that my android quit working on the alarms portion. I have no idea what they were doing in the background, but they screwed up my android alarms. I can't even do an overnight cook now unless I am watching the cook now. Any grill will do the same as a Rec Tec now.

First Let me say that I am 100% pleased with Rectec. Any issue I have had was addressed promptly. BUT with that said, the temp alarms on my android app have never worked in the 4 years I have had my 680. I also had wifi dropouts until I removed the bottom center plate and pealed the antenna off the inside and let it hang down in the air works far better. The antenna is far too small so I'm replacing it with the eBay fix. I've attached it to a metal strip with magnets on the strip so I can attach it on the top cover when cooking then I store it under the control box when I put the cover own. i'll [post a photo when I get the time.

It was around the time of the ios update announcement that my android quit working on the alarms portion. I have no idea what they were doing in the background, but they screwed up my android alarms. I can't even do an overnight cook now unless I am watching the cook now. Any grill will do the same as a Rec Tec now.
I hear you, but updating the app on one platform has nothing to do with problems on another platform.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back