Bullseye Grease tray.

I had my first grease fire in the fire pit while smoking some sausage. Temp shot up from 225 to over 500. Never used a grease pan before but I plan to from now on, at least for sausage. I called recteq and they recommended the foil pan and adding either apple cider vinegar or apple juice to the foil pan. Does anyone here add acv or juice?

I bought a 13" stainless steel drip tray from Amazon a couple years ago and it works great. I don't raise it off the deflector and have not had an issue. Sometimes I add water or juice to it and sometimes I don't, with no real reason why I do or don't.
I think I remember seeing or hearing somewhere about turning the deflector over when doing a low and slow cook, to let it act as a drip tray. Haven't done that but thought it was an intriguing idea when I heard it.

I saw this Wilton Bake It Better 16" Pizza Pan (with handles) mentioned here. The handles allow it to sit 2-3 inches above the heat deflector while allowing heat to pass around it. Throw a sheet of aluminum foil on it for trivial cleanup.

1691956750182.png

Last edited:
I use a commercial 16” deep dish pizza pan I purchased at a restaurant supply store. I think it was 30 dollars. After my first flare up in my bullseye its cheap insurance with anything greasy. I bought 5 Ateco Pyramid Food Forms there to raise it off the deflector. So far it's been perfect.

Edit: just bought a couple 3/4 inch stainless standoffs I'm going to use on the pan and make it a little more robust. Also thinking of trying a 14 inch.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back