Bullseye Grease tray.

johnnyd48

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi, i dont have it yet, but i was wondering where the grease goes cus it doesnt have a drip pan like the others.
Please advise. Thank you

Hi, i dont have it yet, but i was wondering where the grease goes cus it doesnt have a drip pan like the others.
Please advise. Thank you
Which grill ?

On the 700, the pan tilts downward to the right. From there, it goes into the drip/grease tube and into the grease bucket hanging from the tube.

Take an empty spaghetti sauce jar and put it in the bucket. Keep the lid in the bucket too. When the jar is full of grease, screw the lid on and throw it in the garbage. Rinse, repeat.

Since this is the Bullseye forum I’ll assume that’s what you have. The Bullseye is mainly a hot and fast grill so for steaks, burgers, chicken etc… the drippings burn up when they hit the deflector. If you decide to do something low and slow like ribs or a pulled pork you’ll need to put a drip pan under the grate. I suggest you raise it off the deflector.

Since this is the Bullseye forum I’ll assume that’s what you have. The Bullseye is mainly a hot and fast grill so for steaks, burgers, chicken etc… the drippings burn up when they hit the deflector. If you decide to do something low and slow like ribs or a pulled pork you’ll need to put a drip pan under the grate. I suggest you raise it off the deflector.
How do you raise drip pan off the deflector?

I’ve got a small stainless grate that sits just under 1” high that I use. You could slice a fire brick to any height you wanted.

I’ve got a small stainless grate that sits just under 1” high that I use. You could slice a fire brick to any height you wanted.
My disposable aluminum drip pans are deep I don't have much clearance between deflector and grate. Wish I could find large round disposable drip pans.

My disposable aluminum drip pans are deep I don't have much clearance between deflector and grate. Wish I could find large round disposable drip pans.
Amazon sells Them. Great suggesting to raise them if using a foil pan. SS hotel pans are an option that don’t need raised for low and slow cooks where you need a drip pan most, but I wouldn’t use one on a Bullseye directly during a hot cook.

Amazon sells Them. Great suggesting to raise them if using a foil pan. SS hotel pans are an option that don’t need raised for low and slow cooks where you need a drip pan most, but I wouldn’t use one on a Bullseye directly during a hot cook.
Thanks Greg. I only use drip pans for ribs & brisket on my Bullseye.

Thank You, and yes its a bullseye.

RT makes an oblique reference to “foil” for low and slow cooks in its RT-380, but provides no detail. As has been suggested, the 380 is designed primarily for hot cooks and the grease burns off as it drips. That won’t happen on low-temp temp cooks, so some kind of grease retention would be necessary to prevent flare-ups and outright grease fires.

P.17 - “If you have completed a low and slow cook that has caused the accumulation of grease on your foil, you must change the foil before cooking at high temperatures!
Failure to do so will most certainly cause a grease fire in your grill.” (Bold added by me)

Update: I don’t have a 380, but if I did, I’d have a second, elevated rack that would sit in a foil pan to catch the grease on slow cooks.

Last edited:
RT makes an oblique reference to “foil” for low and slow cooks in its RT-380, but provides no detail. As has been suggested, the 380 is designed primarily for hot cooks and the grease burns off as it drips. That won’t happen on low-temp temp cooks, so some kind of grease retention would be necessary to prevent flare-ups and outright grease fires.

P.17 - “If you have completed a low and slow cook that has caused the accumulation of grease on your foil, you must change the foil before cooking at high temperatures!
Failure to do so will most certainly cause a grease fire in your grill.” (Bold added by me)
I wish I could find about 16" or larger round disposible aluminum pans for my Bulleseye!

Raising the drip pan gives a little air gap so you aren’t transferring temps from the heat deflector which sits directly over the open flame of the fire box. Provides a little more safety from grease fires especially when you get an overheat situation.

Here is a pan you might consider. It also comes in 16”, 19”, 20” but I’d caution against totally cutting off airflow from below. You can just set it on a stainless cooling rack (3/4” high) and your total height is 1 3/4”. There is 3” between the heat deflector and the cooking grate so you should be fine for space.

Raising the drip pan gives a little air gap so you aren’t transferring temps from the heat deflector which sits directly over the open flame of the fire box. Provides a little more safety from grease fires especially when you get an overheat situation.

Here is a pan you might consider. It also comes in 16”, 19”, 20” but I’d caution against totally cutting off airflow from below. You can just set it on a stainless cooling rack (3/4” high) and your total height is 1 3/4”. There is 3” between the heat deflector and the cooking grate so you should be fine for space.
Thanks. I am leaning toward the 16" pizza pan and use 18" heavey duty foil. I am going to find some bricks that are about half the thickness of regular bricks. I think three of them will do. Are you getting your taste senses back any?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HY-C-9-...m-duty-Firebricks-3-per-Box-HTFB-R3/314578331

Last edited:
Are you getting your taste senses back any?
I’m not sure, but not much if I am. I ate a couple of Doritos yesterday because they are big flavor and thought I caught a hint of taste. My wife had me try a York peppermint patty and again I thought I got a slight taste but it may have just been the feeling of peppermint. So basically no! Thanks for asking though.

I’m not sure, but not much if I am. I ate a couple of Doritos yesterday because they are big flavor and thought I caught a hint of taste. My wife had me try a York peppermint patty and again I thought I got a slight taste but it may have just been the feeling of peppermint. So basically no! Thanks for asking though.
Thanks again for the drip pan tips. Hope your taste recovers back soon.

Found a 16" foil pan at Walmart for my Bullseye. Going to sit it on a firebrick from Home Depot that is 9 x 41/2 x 1 1/4 thick.

Bullseye Foil.jpg

Bullseye Firebrick.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back