Gotta wait another week?!

Hojji1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Well my RT700 arrived yesterday morning at the Saia terminal here in San Diego. I thought I'd be smokin' this weekend. They say they can't deliver it until next Wednesday! Another week?! Is this normal for them to let it sit at the terminal for a week? Not super happy about this.

My RT-590 got to St Louis last Friday then it was sent to the delivery folks across town. Can't be delivered till tomorrow. Shippers must be busy now days.

My wife just called them to see if I can just go down and pick it up. They said that they have to call Rec Tec for permission. Maybe there is still hope for this weekend's redemption!

My wife just called them to see if I can just go down and pick it up. They said that they have to call Rec Tec for permission. Maybe there is still hope for this weekend's redemption!
Good luck to you.

My RT-590 got to St Louis last Friday then it was sent to the delivery folks across town. Couldn't be delivered till tomorrow. Shippers must be busy now days.
COVID-19 has shipping all messed up everywhere and yes there very busy, my/our customers trying to get auto parts for there vehicles, aren't happy but are understanding, parts I use to order I could get in 3 to 5 business days from Germany, now take sometimes 2 to 3 weeks to show up, parts on this side of the pond haven't been much better either.

Rec Tec shouldn’t have a problem with you picking up the grill. Several of us on the forum have picked up our grill rather than wait a week or more. Good luck!

Sounds like a great wife. Mine was a slight bit conerned about the big investment in another smoker. Once the first meal was served, she was tossing out ideas nonstop for future cooks.

Hojji1 were you able to pick up your RT700? Don’t leave us hanging!
Picked it up on my lunch break. Sitting in the back of my truck right now. Stopping on the way home to get a couple of bags of pellets for the weekend. Tri tips are on the menu. Are Pit Boss pellets any good? Lowes is right around the corner from me, and has them pretty cheap. A place 15 minutes away sells Lumberjack, but I'm not sure of the price. I don't mind spending a bit more to get a better product. I hate leaving stuff in the back of my truck at the home centers. I'm just lucky enough to have the whole smoker disappear.

Haven’t tried Pit Boss. Lumberjack are excellent. Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you. Enjoy!

My 590 was shipped out on Tuesday and delivered today in Iowa. I already did the burn in and had my first cook. I am going to love this thing. The driver said he delivered 5 Rec Tec's today in Cedar Rapids.

My 590 was shipped out on Tuesday and delivered today in Iowa. I already did the burn in and had my first cook. I am going to love this thing. The driver said he delivered 5 Rec Tec's today in Cedar Rapids.
My driver today said he has delivered bunches of RT's too in the St Louis and Metro East area on the Illinois side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back