Average Wait Time

friedenfels

Just ordered my 1250 last night. I'm in central Virginia and was wondering on average how long folks had to wait to receive their grill from the day they ordered. Obviously the holiday weekend is going to stretch my time out a bit.

What say you?

P.S. Has anybody cooked a brisket on the top rack? Is there enough clearance?

Thanks!

Yes I smoked a 13 lb brisket on top. It's tight but does fit. I have a 18lb one in the freezer now and sure that one will not fit on the top rack. Think more ribs and wings for top rack. For the wait time it's more about estes that recteq. Estes can have your grill for over a week before you hear anything about a delivery if your lucky to even hear from them before its just there in your driveway when you get home one day.

Yes I smoked a 13 lb brisket on top. It's tight but does fit. I have a 18lb one in the freezer now and sure that one will not fit on the top rack. Think more ribs and wings for top rack. For the wait time it's more about estes that recteq. Estes can have your grill for over a week before you hear anything about a delivery if your lucky to even hear from them before its just there in your driveway when you get home one day.
Truer words were never spoken. Recteq expeditiously got my grill out the door, it has been sitting in Este's local warehouse a few days now. "Earliest delivery date", a ludicrous 5 day window, keeps shifting to the right. I paid in full at point of sale, I did not pay to have my grill sitting in a warehouse not doing anyone any good until Estes decides it is convenient for them to deliver.

I have already told customer service at Recteq, which have been superb, that I will not order anything else from them until they change shipping company.

Truer words were never spoken. Recteq expeditiously got my grill out the door, it has been sitting in Este's local warehouse a few days now. "Earliest delivery date", a ludicrous 5 day window, keeps shifting to the right. I paid in full at point of sale, I did not pay to have my grill sitting in a warehouse not doing anyone any good until Estes decides it is convenient for them to deliver.

I have already told customer service at Recteq, which have been superb, that I will not order anything else from them until they change shipping company.
Your grill is currently being held in a "safe space". When appropriate, your grill will be transported to your home but the mood has to be right. These grills can be very temperamental and care must be taken.

My grill ended up in the Estes Witness Protection program for two weeks after it watched a violent forklift snuff out another grill.

You are a better person than I am. I find the situation unacceptable. I'm thinking if on Monday I dont get delivery or confirmation of delivery for Tuesday, I'm going to tell recteq to recall it and refund my money. I didnt pay this much for it to sit in a warehouse until the carrier decides to deliver it. And while some will say that is not Recteq's fault - I disagree. They choose to use this carrier.

Last edited:
You are a better person than I am. I find the situation unacceptable. I'm thinking if on Monday I dont get delivery or confirmation of delivery for Tuesday, I'm going to tell recteq to recall it and refund my money. I didnt pay this much for it to sit in a warehouse until the carrier decides to deliver it. And while some will say that is not Recteq's fault - I disagree. They choose to use this carrier.
Have you called the local terminal? If not, I would do that, because if I hadn’t, Estes would still have my grill. The paperwork for mine was missing.

Hopefully you get an answer on Monday as to what’s going on.
I will say that estes dosnt need to hurry or put effort into making customers happy. Alot of other brands use them and my cousin works in the trucking(shipping large items specifically) industry and told me there are very few companies that exist for companies like recteq to use for shipping large items. So looks like someone needs to start a new shipping company. All this was hearsay from someone working in the business. So hopefully I wasn't lied to. 🤷‍♂️

I regularly receive items that come from commercial shipping companies (aside from UPS/Fedex). Never had an item sit in a warehouse longer than overnight.

We'll see what happens. In this case, I'm not the customer of Estes - Recteq is......I'm Recteqs customer, and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one to ever raise an issue about Estes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back