Stampede Got my 590

Traveler

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Received the 590 w/ comp cart. Just finished setting everything up and the overall build quality looks great. The comp cart is awesome. Haven’t done the burn in yet because the pellets I ordered from Amazon for some reason is delayed. May just go get some other brand from the local store. Is there one that you all recommend? I saw some posts elsewhere about certain brands containing pellets that are too big and causing issues?

Also, do you leave the pellet grill plugged into the power outlet all the time or do you unplug it after each use?

Attachments

• 11CEE4D9-646B-46A9-B3AE-81AECA44AD22.jpeg
    11CEE4D9-646B-46A9-B3AE-81AECA44AD22.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 228
Congrats on the new RT590 grill I haven't found any pellets my RT700 Bull didn't like and mainly source cheap pellets locally, I've had good luck with Pit Boss competition blend from Lowes or Walmart. I don't recommend keeping the grill plugged in all the time especially if you put a cover on it. if I know I'm going to use it I will plug it in and start it at work so its ready to go when I get home, I can also watch it in my security cameras

Looks familiar! 🤣 With my limited experience, my Traeger pellets seem to be working well. Also, I unplug mine after each use. Really no need to leave it plugged in, other than for convenience I suppose.

Congratulations on your Stampede!

I'll second everything Mastertech59 said. These days I mostly burn Lumberjack pellets, though.

Over time you'll find what works for you/what you like.

Have fun!

I also don’t normally keep my grills plugged in if I also have a cover on them. If the cover is off, the worst thing that could happen in an accidental ignition is I lose the pellets in the hopper. Cover on, could be an expensive mistake.

For pellets, it’s best to try various brands and see how they work for you.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn’t sure if unplugging and plugging would cause any issues with grill or Wi-Fi. I’ll follow everyone’s suggestion and unplug after each use.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn’t sure if unplugging and plugging would cause any issues with grill or Wi-Fi. I’ll follow everyone’s suggestion and unplug after each use.
I would suggest NOT leaving the grill plugged in especially if it's covered. I had a controller fail and start feed fortunately no ignition and my son was home. That failure is how Rec-Traeger project started.

It will be fine. The controller and WiFi memory is, unlike my memory, non-volatile.

I am a firm believer in Lumberjack pellets. The only pellets that i had been able to find available in my local area, were Pitboss, Traeger or Cuisinart. I caught a great sale on the Lumberjack pellets last year and ordered 600 pounds. Well, I’m almost out of those now, and just found out that the local hardware store just three blocks from me, now sells Bear Mountain. I have read rave reviews about those, so they may be my “Go to“ pellets now beings that Lumberjack are not locally Available.

Received the 590 w/ comp cart. Just finished setting everything up and the overall build quality looks great. The comp cart is awesome. Haven’t done the burn in yet because the pellets I ordered from Amazon for some reason is delayed. May just go get some other brand from the local store. Is there one that you all recommend? I saw some posts elsewhere about certain brands containing pellets that are too big and causing issues?

Also, do you leave the pellet grill plugged into the power outlet all the time or do you unplug it after each use?
Most folks mount their "horn" handles in an opposite manner (with the tips face up.) But you can certainly "Be You!" ;-)

I have never thought to unplug my stampede. I also thought it might mess with the wifi. Haven't had any issues but will probably start unplugging after reading this. Thanks for the info.

I have had good luck with Cookin' Pellets https://cookinpellets.com/ They use 100% flavor wood and I have found they burn clean with little ash.

One of you have the assembly instructions to a 590 Competition cart that you could share with me? I have a floor full of parts and not really sure of the best way to start the assembly.

I have had good luck with Cookin' Pellets https://cookinpellets.com/ They use 100% flavor wood and I have found they burn clean with little ash.

One of you have the assembly instructions to a 590 Competition cart that you could share with me? I have a floor full of parts and not really sure of the best way to start the assembly.
If you go to their website and support, there’s a video on how to put it together. Also, I think it might be on YouTube as well.

If you go to their website and support, there’s a video on how to put it together. Also, I think it might be on YouTube as well.
Could you shoot me the url for the video on the comp cart assembly video on their website I don't see it.

I found it. Thanks
Ok cool. It was kind of hidden under faq for the 590. It’s pretty easy to put together and looks great. One thing to look out for, when screwing the screws, careful not to slip and accidentally scratch the cart. Some may not care but some like me do. Lol

Thanks everyone for their help. Got my grill on top of my Competition cart today and did a measurement from the floor to the top of the hinges. 44 7/8". Don't know why I was sweating getting it in my 45" high
storage area. I mean a whole 1/8" clearance!

Couple of observations. Cart with grill rolls really nicely over the lawn ( from garage to storage cubby) and is really stable.

The leg bolts that are used to connect to the comp cart are really long for the application and a bit of a PITA to get to with the grill in place. Back to my contention that engineers and designers should have to assemble and service what they design for at least six months.

Unless I am artistically challenged (which I am) applying the red high temp gasket goop is a real mess. Will have to find if I got all the All Weather smoke vents totally sealed when I fire up the grill.

I will have to wait until tomorrow to burn in as I had to seal the four holes where the sheet metal screws that held in the OSHA grate in the pellet hopper were. After the RTL cures what do you use to remove the excess?

I was a bit surprised by the size of the "Frog Mat" that I ordered. I was under the impression that it covered the entire grill area not just one portion. I can buy custom cut Frog Mats locally so not a big deal other than $15 not well spent.

Did have a small fork lift ding on the unit. Evidently lift fork hit the sheet metal skirt around the grill on the front. I saw the hole in the carton upon delivery but when I looked I didn't notice the bent metal. A large crescent wrench and a little torque took care of the issue. It may have been an issue inserting the legs for the standard cart, but since it went on the Comp cart it was not an issue. Message: look very carefully for shipping damage especially on the sheet metal.

It looks great and I am looking at my watch to see when I can load it up and see it work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back