Got Pork? (Class action)

I am so tired of the legal system being weaponized against everything. If pork (or eggs, or toilet paper, your elected officials, etc. are not what you want-just walk away and make a different choice. People will get the message. I’ve never seen any of these cases where anyone ‘made’ any money other than the lawyers.

I agree that the lawyers seem to get the best portion of a class action but, I feel they remind the nefarious companies that a threat vector exists. As an example, the ear plugs made by 3M to protect our soldiers were determined to be defective and 3M is paying former and present military, contractors, and other that were exposed, between $20-$25,000 to rectify their incompetence. I know several vets whose MOSs required them to be close to ordinance and other loud noises (think flight line detail) with current losses of hearing. This settlement would have not happened if the class action path was not taken. I also feel this should not be the only option but if it didn’t exist, most companies are smart enough to “paper” an individual until they can no longer afford to continue their case. Sorry for the interruption and the negative energy but if you treat our military and vets wrong, I get pretty vocal.

I wonder if these actions are done just for the initial legal fees, I see all the firms put in for it. Imagine how much they could pad billable hours on a lawsuit like this.

Honda lost a class action lawsuit for oil dilution from raw fuel problem with their 1.5 turbo, and the problem "still exists" with their latest models.........so yeah I believe it's more for lawyers/firms making money over helping consumers and punishing an affected company.

I can see this both ways with the majority thinking the lawyers get rich.

SmokeZilla - I completely agree with you the 3M earplug case absolutely was deserved, especially since the class was military and vets. We do a shitty job of taking care of them in this country.

On the other hand this is a real thing: https://www.burgersettlement.com/

Last year for one of these class action suits, can't remember which one, my "award" was $0.25 -- yep 25 cents. I think the lawyers made millions. They try and get you to use a "pre-paid" Visa/MasterCard knowing that it is a PITA to actually use it. After a certain amount of time goes by they cancel it and keep the money. SMH.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back