Goodbye and Best Wishes:

okie

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1070
I have really enjoyed this website with my 590 and 380 questions and answers.
1: recteq pellet grills offer the best bang for the buck IMHO.
2: This site is valuable for owners and interested shoppers to obtain useful info on the various units. How to use, adjust, or modify.
3: While in perfect condition, I have decided to "upgrade" and have donated my pits to the local firehouse. They picked up today and are very grateful.
4: Thank all of you for the attention and useful info I have obtained.
Okie

Goodbye? Hey, @okie, you can’t just leave us hanging like that. What did you “upgrade” to? Fill us in.

And, just because you don’t have a Recteq any longer (classy move to donate them to the local firefighters, BTW), doesn’t mean you have to go away. We talk about cooking stuff too, and recipes, and thermometers and…well, you know. You are welcome to stick around as far as I’m concerned.

Ordered the Memphis Beale Street. Before this model I would not think of spending for the Pro or Elite, but this model goes for about $2299. And initially, you had to buy the extra grates, and direct flame gadget, and cover for extra. Now you can get those extra's for free with purchase. It is all 430 SS which is much cheaper than the 304 SS on their other units, but is half or less than half the price of the others. 430 SS is no problem for me (All recteqs are 430 SS for the barrel). Now I will be able to do both indirect and direct flame cooking on one unit with a closed storage below. Hopper only holds 12 lbs but I have never used more than that on a long cook. Plus easy to load up front. Can't wait to get er going. Will not delete this app. and thanks for your interest.

Ordered the Memphis Beale Street. Before this model I would not think of spending for the Pro or Elite, but this model goes for about $2299. And initially, you had to buy the extra grates, and direct flame gadget, and cover for extra. Now you can get those extra's for free with purchase. It is all 430 SS which is much cheaper than the 304 SS on their other units, but is half or less than half the price of the others. 430 SS is no problem for me (All recteqs are 430 SS for the barrel). Now I will be able to do both indirect and direct flame cooking on one unit with a closed storage below. Hopper only holds 12 lbs but I have never used more than that on a long cook. Plus easy to load up front. Can't wait to get er going. Will not delete this app. and thanks for your interest.
Very nice, @okie; excellent choice on the grill. I’ve looked at Memphis and am pretty impressed. I do wish they were still being made here in the USA, but manufacturing has been moved to China.

We’ll be looking forward to hearing more about your experience with the Beale Street. Do stick around and let us know what’s happening.

Interesting choice.. don't be a stranger and let us know about that bad boy! We love all cooking :love:

I have really enjoyed this website with my 590 and 380 questions and answers.
1: recteq pellet grills offer the best bang for the buck IMHO.
2: This site is valuable for owners and interested shoppers to obtain useful info on the various units. How to use, adjust, or modify.
3: While in perfect condition, I have decided to "upgrade" and have donated my pits to the local firehouse. They picked up today and are very grateful.
4: Thank all of you for the attention and useful info I have obtained.
Okie
Stick around. It's about the cooking more than the grill around here. Besides, we are all itching to hear about how this new grill cooks.

Nice grill, it’s very reminiscent of the new RT-1070. Do enjoy, but please share your experience with it!

Where did you order from?

Any concerns about warranty when buying from 3rd party?

Congrats on purchase.

Considering either Beale or 1070.

Where did you order from?

Any concerns about warranty when buying from 3rd party?

Congrats on purchase.

Considering either Beale or 1070.
Third party sellers are authorized dealers, all agreed to list at the published price, with option to either sell or give free certain options. Also I found that some of them stock and some of them order delivery from the factory. Also, free shipping must have some basic requirements also, but I'm not sure of this. BBQ Authority uses Forward Air (and maybe others) which is an air freight company that has terminals at major airports around the country. So my unit went to ORD and then to CMH (in Ohio) and is now to arrive today at TUL,. All on land. At the Tulsa airport terminal it will be picked up by a local delivery service and dropped at my house. I believe that my RT's were delivered in a similar arrangement. BBQ Authority keeps their own inventory.
As for the warranty, it is with Memphis Grills and is 5 years for the body and I think 2 years for electronics. More to follow when I unpack.

Last edited:
Third party sellers are authorized dealers, all agreed to list at the published price, with option to either sell or give free certain options. Also I found that some of them stock and some of them order delivery from the factory. Also, free shipping must have some basic requirements also, but I'm not sure of this. BBQ Authority uses Forward Air (and maybe others) which is an air freight company that has terminals at major airports around the country. So my unit went to ORD and then to CMH (in Ohio) and is now to arrive today at TUL,. All on land. At the Tulsa airport terminal it will be picked up by a local delivery service and dropped at my house. I believe that my RT's were delivered in a similar arrangement. BBQ Authority keeps their own inventory.
As for the warranty, it is with Memphis Grills and is 5 years for the body and I think 2 years for electronics. More to follow when I unpack.
Just spoke with Forward Air: The grill is being offloaded in Tulsa now and Forward Air will deliver it probably Monday. (so no subcontractor involved).

Several brands have small hoppers:
Louisiana Grills, 12 lbs but some of their newer ones are larger
Coyote a high end
The earlier Memphis with the front hopper were also 12-15 lbs.
I suspect the the front hopper models don't have room for bigger.
Having said all that I have no problem with that. I have never had a cook that was long enough to use 12 lbs. Also, I have pellet storage very handy nearby. You can get 18 hrs on 12 lbs when doing low slow cooks. There are no high, slow cooks to to eat up pellets to my knowledge. I would prefer 20 lb capacity just for convenience but no big deal. I will probably get into the habit of a full hopper before cooks.

Any news on using the new Beale Street? Inquiring minds want to know?! 😀

Any news on using the new Beale Street? Inquiring minds want to know?! 😀

I owned one and it was the worse POS I have ever had. I advise you to not buy it. Lotsa problems.

Ended up giving it to Salvation Army. Could not sell it with a clean conscience after all the trouble. I think M grills made a mistake.
My 1070 is a jewel in comparison and half the price.

If the 1070 had the Memphis lid coverage, it would be even more of a jewel. It would definitely keep out the rain better than the current design. It could still be octa-barrel design, just more coverage by the moving part, covering the side seams and the whole top.

Last edited:
If the 1070 had the Memphis lid coverage, it would be even more of a jewel. It would definitely keep out the rain better then the current design. It could still be octa-barrel design, just more coverage by the moving part, covering the side seams and the whole top.
Perhaps that is so. But I have no rain problems. There are both exposed and roofed area on my porch. I have factory cover as well, but have not rain tested it. The BS grill had poor quality 430 SS that was 18 gauge and easily rusted. The control was NOT the same as the Pro or Elite and I went thru 3 of them with no satisfaction. WiFi never stayed on ( I have strong network). I had grease fire on first cook because drip pan leaked into fire pot area. Replaced RTD with some difficulty(design). Rust appeared at any scratched or food stain area. Service was polite but delayed (email mostly). I challenge you to find any legit reviews. Biggest review I found was 3 units. 2 good and one horrible. Seems there should be more after 3-4 years.

Ended up giving it to Salvation Army. Could not sell it with a clean conscience after all the trouble. I think M grills made a mistake.
My 1070 is a jewel in comparison and half the price.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but on the bright side, the 1070 seems to shine (No pun intended).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back