Stampede GMG pizza oven is awesome

These pizza ovens look amazing! Does anyone know if either of the two options will fit in a 1070? Thank you!

These pizza ovens look amazing! Does anyone know if either of the two options will fit in a 1070? Thank you!
If the internal dimensions of the firebox on the 1070 are the same as the 590, the GMG-4023 should fit.

If the internal dimensions of the firebox on the 1070 are the same as the 590, the GMG-4023 should fit.
I think I can provide some info as I just got my Pizza Oven attachment a few days ago. While I am waiting for the parts to fix my cart that were damaged in shipping, I did a fit test.

So this is a yes and no answer as to whether it fits the RT-1070. As you can see in the pictures, it fits front to back but I want to do something to make sure if it gets pushed front to back that it doesn't fall into the main grill. And the other issue is the bottom piece falls way short of the fire pot. From what I have read, it is supposed to sit inside of it. I am trying to figure out if it is worth doing a mode to extend it or if it will still capture the amount of heat needed to get the temps to where they need to be.
My parts come in today so will be doing the initial firing this weekend and was planning on testing out the Pizza Oven as well.
IMG_6383.jpeg
IMG_6384.jpeg

It appears something (firepot) has changed on the 1070. On the 700 it fits like a glove, no gap like pictured.

I think I can provide some info as I just got my Pizza Oven attachment a few days ago. While I am waiting for the parts to fix my cart that were damaged in shipping, I did a fit test.

So this is a yes and no answer as to whether it fits the RT-1070. As you can see in the pictures, it fits front to back but I want to do something to make sure if it gets pushed front to back that it doesn't fall into the main grill. And the other issue is the bottom piece falls way short of the fire pot. From what I have read, it is supposed to sit inside of it. I am trying to figure out if it is worth doing a mode to extend it or if it will still capture the amount of heat needed to get the temps to where they need to be.
My parts come in today so will be doing the initial firing this weekend and was planning on testing out the Pizza Oven as well.
View attachment 16540View attachment 16541

Personally I would look to extend it just to get the full benefit but like you say it might not even be necessary. Pretty sure a standard exhaust pipe would work. Just need to make a stop somehow like the original.

Personally I would look to extend it just to get the full benefit but like you say it might not even be necessary. Pretty sure a standard exhaust pipe would work. Just need to make a stop somehow like the original.
You appear to be correct, I measured the extension and it is 3" which is indeed the same diameter of an exhaust pipe. I also need to measure the height difference if I just set it down and in to sit on the first and that should give me the differential I will need.

You appear to be correct, I measured the extension and it is 3" which is indeed the same diameter of an exhaust pipe. I also need to measure the height difference if I just set it down and in to sit on the first and that should give me the differential I will need.

Cool.. I was looking at possibly making a diffuser at one point and thought that exhaust pipe was the same. I almost went to my local store and got a small section but came up with another strategy which I might still do eventually my original plan.

Keep us posted! They are awesome and what is on the menu for this evening :).

I saw your diffuser and will follow along to see what the end result is.
Unfortunately, the parts for the cart are not here yet so the trip-tip and turkey breast I have will live to see another day. Probably fire it up on Saturday and then Pizza on Monday, no better way to celebrate independence than not getting crappy pizza ever again!

I saw your diffuser and will follow along to see what the end result is.
Unfortunately, the parts for the cart are not here yet so the trip-tip and turkey breast I have will live to see another day. Probably fire it up on Saturday and then Pizza on Monday, no better way to celebrate independence than not getting crappy pizza ever again!

Only issue with the diffuser is it doesn’t breathe enough. I’m planning to take some of the strips out and leave just enough to keep the top on.

You won’t regret

98D6D538-CDD3-4EE2-A44B-46705F4E5801.jpeg

My parts come in today so will be doing the initial firing this weekend and was planning on testing out the Pizza Oven as well.//
View attachment 16540View attachment 16541
Are you sure you got the GMG-4023 oven and not the GMG-4108 which is the smaller one? If not, the 1070 must be much different than the 590. The pipe on the bottom of the oven needs to go into firepot or it's not going to send all the heat into the oven.

Are you sure you got the GMG-4023 oven and not the GMG-4108 which is the smaller one? If not, the 1070 must be much different than the 590. The pipe on the bottom of the oven needs to go into firepot or it's not going to send all the heat into the oven.
Yes, 100% sure it is the 4023 model made for the Jim Bowie/Daniel Boone Grills. As you can see from the picture, and as Greg pointed out, the firepot sits flush with the bottom on the RT-1070. We'll need to make up the difference and am looking into parts to extend it into the fire pot!

Last edited:
Yes, 100% sure it is the 4023 model made for the Jim Bowie/Daniel Boone Grills. As you can see from the picture, and as Greg pointed out, the fireboat sits flush with the bottom o the RT-1070. We'll need to make up the difference and am looking into parts to extend it into the fire pot!
By any chance, would a tin can work?

Yes, 100% sure it is the 4023 model made for the Jim Bowie/Daniel Boone Grills. As you can see from the picture, and as Greg pointed out, the fireboat sits flush with the bottom o the RT-1070. We'll need to make up the difference and am looking into parts to extend it into the fire pot!
I’d look for stovepipe/dryer vent pipe at your local home center. You would need to cut it (hacksaw) to length, and then muffler or band clamp the corrugated end to the bottom of the pizza grill. I don’t think this is going to be a complicated solution.

It was hard to tell by the pic, but the 1070 firepot does look much different/lower than the 590. If it were me, I'd see it I could purchase another bottom pipe piece from GMG, cut it to proper length and weld it to the existing pipe, therefore extending it. The ring at the bottom of the pipe it designed to rest on the top of the firepot to reduce heat lost around the sides of the pipe.

I would not use stove pipe since many of those are treated which may contain chemicals, such as lead. As well, stovepipe is thin and could burn through in a short amount of time.

I would not use stove pipe since many of those are treated which may contain chemicals, such as lead. As well, stovepipe is thin and could burn through in a short amount of time.
Burn-through could be a concern, but lead has not been used in pipe construction for nearly 50 years now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back