Bull Gasket Seal for RT-700

I tried to put the gasket on my smokebox but the door won't close with it on there....

Yes it can be a tight fit. I have 1/2 by 1/8 on mine. The door barely closed the first couple of times until the material condensed a bit. It took two hands to shut the door.

Yes it can be a tight fit. I have 1/2 by 1/8 on mine. The door barely closed the first couple of times until the material condensed a bit. It took two hands to shut the door.
I used 1/2 by 1/8 also and there is no way that door was shutting...even without it my door seals pretty tight....it felt like I was going to bend the hinges if I forced it any further.

I can sure understand the decision to stop. No need to do harm. Would you be able to skip the right hand side? That seems like the riskiest one.

I just bought a roll of gasket seal (Oklahoma Joe's) for my grill. Placed it on the bottom part of where lid sits & looks fine (actually you can't see it when closed) but when measuring sides the lid covers 1/4 " of grill but the seal is 1/2" wide so you can see the seal when lid's closed. Is this normal?

What do you all use? Have any pics?
I have tried several different gaskets, only Lava Lock worked. I used 3/4” X 1/4 and sealed the whole door on the inside, SOO much cleaner!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back