Bull Gasket Seal for RT-700

Lilbullowner

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
I just bought a roll of gasket seal (Oklahoma Joe's) for my grill. Placed it on the bottom part of where lid sits & looks fine (actually you can't see it when closed) but when measuring sides the lid covers 1/4 " of grill but the seal is 1/2" wide so you can see the seal when lid's closed. Is this normal?

What do you all use? Have any pics?

Last edited:
I put mine on the lid.. can't see it. But I would have used 1/8 on the top/bottom and 1/4 in the sides due to the barrel meeting the sides if I did it again. No issues with it as is though. Working great.

I put mine on the lid.. can't see it. But I would have used 1/8 on the top/bottom and 1/4 in the sides due to the barrel meeting the sides if I did it again. No issues with it as is though. Working great.
You placed yours on the lid, not grill? The instructions state place on grill. Any issues?

I'll do that on the sides.

That should work.. as long as you match the top & bottom seals it will do fine. Maybe take some tape on the outer lid to mark where it hits when closed on those spots and then apply opened.

That should work.. as long as you match the top & bottom seals it will do fine. Maybe take some tape on the outer lid to mark where it hits when closed on those spots and then apply opened.
Was talking about the sides on lid, not grill. Wouldn't this cause the lid to be raised a little higher than bottom part of lid where smoke can escape.

Was talking about the sides on lid, not grill. Wouldn't this cause the lid to be raised a little higher than bottom part of lid where smoke can escape.

So was I.. That is why I said if I were to do it again what I meant to say is I would use 1/4in thickness on top/bottom and 1/8in thickness on the sides if applying to the lid. Where that hits the sides it is raised higher. But with 1/8in thickness all around it is working fine anyway. It settles ok. I am not getting any smoke escaping.

I have also seen some not seal the sides and say it was ok. You can try that first if you want. I did all around and no issues.

I just bought a roll of gasket seal for my grill (Oklahoma Joe's). Placed it on the bottom part of where lid sits & looks fine (actually you can't see it when closed) but when measuring sides the lid covers 1/4 " of grill but the seal is 1/2" wide so you can see the seal when lid's closed. Is this normal?

What do you all use? Have any pics?
Just curious, but why are you asking here about a gasket seal for an Oklahoma Joe’s grill?

Just curious, but why are you asking here about a gasket seal for an Oklahoma Joe’s grill?
I'm not asking about a gasket seal for ok Joe's & it has nothing to so with my topic. I was merely asking what size gasket & how you use it. Oklahoma Joe's is irrelevant but thought someone may ask what brand I got. It's a brand that I bought at lowes.
Forget it, I already had e ot installed - sdynak helped me.
No need to troll greg.

I'm not asking about a gasket seal for ok Joe's & it has nothing to so with my topic. I was merely asking what size gasket & how you use it. Oklahoma Joe's is irrelevant but thought someone may ask what brand I got. It's a brand that I bought at lowes.
Forget it, I already had e ot installed - sdynak helped me.
No need to troll greg.
Not trolling at all, but when you put in parentheses after ‘my grill’, ‘Oklahoma Joe’s’, what should people think? I seriously thought you were asking about sealing an OJ grill. What difference could it possibly make who made the gasket material? If it did make a difference, perhaps ‘gasket seal (Oklahoma Joe’s) for my grill...’ might have communicated what you wanted to say better.

Not trolling at all, but when you put in parentheses after ‘my grill’, ‘Oklahoma Joe’s’, what should people think? I seriously thought you were asking about sealing an OJ grill. What difference could it possibly make who made the gasket material? If it did make a difference, perhaps ‘gasket seal (Oklahoma Joe’s) for my grill...’ might have communicated what you wanted to say better.
I think they may ask what brand of seal so I provide the info in advance. If you look at the subject line it states "Gasket Seal for RT-700". Clearly a typo & was corrected.
Like I said previously seal was already installed. Your comment is immaterial and irrelevant.

Scrape and clean the grill lid, then place the tape on the underside of the lid , right up to the edge..I did all 4 sides and not enought air flow IMHO so took off the sides and workd great for me... My main goal was to keep the crap-runoff away from the top and bottom... Hard to clean...I think they were designed to have some air flow...

Beware of hopper fires. I had one every other cook after shutdown with my gasket installed. Ended up taking it off and have not had one since

Scrape and clean the grill lid, then place the tape on the underside of the lid , right up to the edge..I did all 4 sides and not enought air flow IMHO so took off the sides and workd great for me... My main goal was to keep the crap-runoff away from the top and bottom... Hard to clean...I think they were designed to have some air flow...
I taped the inside top of lid after cleaning thoroughly. It was 100% grease/dirt free. After the 2nd use, the entire gasket fell off. Guess I had bad adhesive on tape or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back