RT-1070 Door Gasket?

Freedom Forged

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Have any of you guys installed a high-temp door gasket on your 1070?
Thanks, David

Have any of you guys installed a high-temp door gasket on your 1070?
Thanks, David
Only on the top of the hopper bin to prevent retrograde flow of air thru the auger tube. To prevent shut-off backburn, hopper smoke and possible hopper fire. I did not use it on the lid because I believe that the slotted vents are not adequate at times for the products of combustion, since they have added the 3 rpm augers to produce hotter temps. The hopper gasket has worked well to date with no hopper smoke during shut down. I also used a modified shutdown to avoid post shutdown smoldering. See this info on another 1070 thread. I am not in favor of using lava lock on the lid. Yes you will get staining but show me a busy smoker without some surface staining. In fact it will be hard to keep the rest of the outer surface sparkly without damaging the protective surface of the stainless. IMHO

Last edited:
Only on the top of the hopper bin to prevent retrograde flow of air thru the auger tube. To prevent shut-off backburn, hopper smoke and possible hopper fire. I did not use it on the lid because I believe that the slotted vents are not adequate at times for the products of combustion, since they have added the 3 rpm augers to produce hotter temps. The hopper gasket has worked well to date with no hopper smoke during shut down. I also used a modified shutdown to avoid post shutdown smoldering. See this info on another 1070 thread. I am not in favor of using lava lock on the lid. Yes you will get staining but show me a busy smoker without some surface staining. In fact it will be hard to keep the rest of the outer surface sparkly without damaging the protective surface of the stainless. IMHO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back