Foiling the Drip Pan

I wonder if onion juice would work like it does on the aluminum GrillGrates to build a patina or if it gets too hot for that.

I have tried the Costco heavy duty foil and folded it every which way known to man and the grease still gets under it. I wonder what magic is involved here?
Grease atomizes in the air and follows the air currents under the foil unless it is well sealed. Just like it settles on the tops of your cabinets/cabinet doors in the kitchen.

The under-sheets don't deteriorate? I've pulled off foil that crumples like crepe paper after a couple of hot and greasy cooks. I kind of like the idea - just wondering about the 3rd piece of foil lasting that long in the smoker.
The third one sometimes does....if hot cooks. So many times once the 2nd layer is ready to replace, the 3rd layer goes with it.

The third one sometimes does....if hot cooks. So many times once the 2nd layer is ready to replace, the 3rd layer goes with it.
Grease atomizes in the air and follows the air currents under the foil unless it is well sealed. Just like it settles on the tops of your cabinets/cabinet doors in the kitchen.
Gonna try Traeger 780 model drip liners. Fit snugly at front and back and length is also adequate. I measured 15 3/8 " from front to back and that is almost exactly correct. With 1070 on level porch, and with the liner slightly with curled up edges,,,,should not leak as long a flow is left to right. Will report results

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back