Stampede Drip pan mods

PrivateerZ

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Coming from a Green Mountain Daniel Boone to a RT-590, I've noticed that GMG does one thing right. Their drip pans come with two pieces, both of which have holes that can be covered or uncovered by sliding the top pan left or right. Has anyone seen, or created, such a thing for the 590? This feature was great for going from indirect to direct heat.

I suppose if you were cooking something that didn't drip grease it would be a good idea, but for foods that drip grease (most meats), the last thing I'd want is puddles of grease to clean up in the bottom of the cook box or worse, have a grease fire :unsure:
I was looking at another brand of pellet grill/smoker before my final decision and noticed the drip pan had slots in it that would allow drippings to go through to the bottom of the drum. No drain that low in the drum of the smoker. Being the fire pot is down there, unlike my off set stick burner, all I could see was a fire hazard. I keep everything over the drip pan which does reduce my cooking area but less chance of a grease fire FWIW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back