Bull Flame out issues, please help

Foxx6576

I am proud owner of a RECTEC 700. Had done close to 10 cooks now and loving it. Today, while doing a beef brisket at 250 temp, my flame went out after 2.5 hrs. I noticed this previously on a prior cook with a slow cook ribs, doing a 3-2-1 method . I turned power off and on, then my auger started running again, n flame back on. It doesn’t seem like my auger motor is malfunctioning, so is it user error? I’ve explored certain YouTube videos, and I live in Michigan, and the temp outside has been 40-65 degrees, and I just turned the factory set feed rate from 6.5 down to 3.5.
My question is.....what am I doing wrong since this is the 3rd time I’ve had a flame out in 10 cooks? I’d prefer to know why it’s happening and how to prevent this?

I am proud owner of a RECTEC 700. Had done close to 10 cooks now and loving it. Today, while doing a beef brisket at 250 temp, my flame went out after 2.5 hrs. I noticed this previously on a prior cook with a slow cook ribs, doing a 3-2-1 method . I turned power off and on, then my auger started running again, n flame back on. It doesn’t seem like my auger motor is malfunctioning, so is it user error? I’ve explored certain YouTube videos, and I live in Michigan, and the temp outside has been 40-65 degrees, and I just turned the factory set feed rate from 6.5 down to 3.5.
My question is.....what am I doing wrong since this is the 3rd time I’ve had a flame out in 10 cooks? I’d prefer to know why it’s happening and how to prevent this?
Call Rec tec they will tell you what to do.

Sounds like the feed rate is too slow now to me... Put it back closer to factory setting*

I agree the feed rate setting is too low, set it back to the 6.5 and see if your extreme smoke setting holds the180 degrees. Unless your have issues with the extreme smoke not maintaining the180 you shouldn't be messing with the feed rates.

Thanks for the advice. Today was the 1st adjustment to lowering the feed rate from factory settings as I research dictated it might be a wise move for a slow cook. I’ve had 3 flame outs at the factory setting of 6.5. Should I try increasing it You think? Maybe to 10+?

Thanks for the advice. Today was the 1st adjustment to lowering the feed rate from factory settings as I research dictated it might be a wise move for a slow cook. I’ve had 3 flame outs at the factory setting of 6.5. Should I try increasing it You think? Maybe to 10+?
If your getting these flame outs you should contact Rec Tec and talk to them. It's either bad pellets, lazy auger or fan motor, controller, RTD or the settings.

Feed rate too low for sure! I only turn it down when its real hot out or it overshoots my set point and wont correct. RT told me the same thing on a call. they have a video on setting the auger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back