Stampede First flame up!

Caps_Shield

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I have been having a blast cooking on weekends on my 590. I love the low and slow cooking of it. Well, I did burgers two days in a row and the second day I had a flare up. I am going back to low and slow this weekend but I am a little gun shy now to cook burgers again. I think, and I could be wrong, that the grease ran down the sear grate and into the main chamber missing the grease catcher all together. Not sure if I did something wrong but it would seem like I did.

You didn't click your tongs twice at the beginning of the cook...

What's your grease tray like? I've gotten two flame ups, only cuz the grease tray was too greasy.
Don't quit grilling - figure it out.

SmokeOCD, I had just vacuumed and put down new heavy duty foil prior to the first cook. I'm going to take the sear gates off plus the normal grates and the grease tray too this weekend prior to the next cook. I truly think the grease from the burgers is somehow missing the tray. Nothing goes into my hanging bucket. I think it is level since it is a new patio but I don't know that.

I like the clicking the tongs twice thing.

I'm pretty sure I am in the minority with this opinion, but I think my 590 is a smoker. It can grill. But just like half tons pulling 40 ft trailers, can it? Yes. Should it? Hmmm. So I have a grill for burgers and the like. And I'll use my pellets for smoking, not contained bonfires!
I am sure some will disagree. They will be wrong, but I'll fight to my last pound of propane for their right to be mistaken.

Could you tell what was on fire
I'm pretty sure I am in the minority with this opinion, but I think my 590 is a smoker. It can grill. But just like half tons pulling 40 ft trailers, can it? Yes. Should it? Hmmm. So I have a grill for burgers and the like. And I'll use my pellets for smoking, not contained bonfires!
I am sure some will disagree. They will be wrong, but I'll fight to my last pound of propane for their right to be mistaken.
i agree 100%, which doesn’t help folks out who bought based on the advertising.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back