Direct Flame vs Searing Kit

Jkipper1

Hi All, I am new to the RT Forum and am going between purchasing a BackYard Beast and the DualFire 1200. The key is being able to cook burgers and steaks as I do on my current Weber Grill. In addition, currently I smoke meat on my Weber Smokey Mountain and am looking for continued good quality of smokes but with convenience. Smoking a large brisket on the Weber Smokey Mountaing provides great products but is a lot of work in tinkering with my smoker (i have had it many years and either needs a full refurbishment or replacement). I have researched and love what RecTeq puts out but just want to make sure this one grill can replace both my Webers properly.

Thanks for your help!!

I do not have the dual fire but I believe it could fit what you need. The dual fire is like having a Bullseye in your Bull. A lot of us have Bulls and Bullseyes. The Bullseye can absolutely replace a gas grill. You may not have as much real estate as like a Weber propane 3 burner but it does work well.

I would keep around your WSM though in case you might a meat with more smokey flavor. The switch to pellet is noticable smoke flavor wise but still doest a great job.

You will be disappointed if you're looking for a charcoal replacement. Recteq puts out great food - but it's different.
I've only lit charcoal a few times since getting the recteq. Don't sell your other equipment yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back