Stampede FINALLY ITS HERE and my thoughts

Math is the killer for most students when it comes to doing well in chemistry. Sometimes a certain skill is just not in your wheelhouse. I have plenty of those myself :)

Thanks for the idea, I might do the record request bit since my dad just passed away a few years ago. I think he spent most of his time walking a lonely beach up there expecting the Japanese to invade at any time....

Most welcome.

I spent most my career, 17.5 of it on the ocean doing Law Enforcement. Counter drug stuff. Spent 1.5 yrs straight in the middle east do stuff over there. I just transferred to South Carolina to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Academy. Now I train the young bucks how to do the misson.

After so many years at sea and the missions it Has taken a toll on the body. So I told them iam done give me something less abusive so they sent me to be an instructor. So I'll ride that for 2 more years and then retire...

wow, thank you for your service. I can't even imagine what all of that was like. Great that you're in a position now to pass along what you can to the next generation.

Welcome and thank you for the support..

Been a fun ride, seen and done stuff I enjoyed and definitely did not enjoy. But would do it all over in a heartbeat

Hahah right. I am enjoying the slower life that's for sure.. help me up my BBQ game...

Sorry about your Fathers passing too.. I know the feeling...

Thank you. My dad was 93 when he passed, so he had a good long life. We should all be so lucky.

Wow!! Yeah that's a really long life. Good for him and you all..

I'd be lucky to make it to 60 hahah

ha, you'll be there before you know it. Unbelievably I just have one and half years before I hit that milestone.

boy is it GLORIOUS!!! Okay so the website pics and members pics dont do these smokers ANY justice. These smokers are tanks and beautiful built. Wow! Iam so glad that I decided to take back what I thought was king of the smokers Traeger so I could pick up this beauty.

Okay so right from the get go the packing was well thought out. Which was awesome to see. No cheap cardboard and foam wrapping.

The smoker is itself is really impressive. As someone who does fabrication as 2nd job/hobby that's the first thing I look at and they did a fantastic job. All the bends are nice a crisp. Spot welds from what I can see are sold and in the right spots. They arent more to one side then the other. All the grinds are cleaned and done great.

Love the ton of stainless steel (SS) Unlike others who choose to use limited use of SS, That's where RT did it right and for the Stampede not being the top model they didnt short change us. Hats off for that.

Setup was super easy even by myself ( they do say in the manual to have 2nd person).

Havent had the chance to do intial burn yet since its pouring buckets here in the south so hopefully on that end it works as advertised.

So far the issue I have is cant get Wifi to work. Read all the tips and tricks and watched RT's videos and no luck. So waiting for their Wifi tech to call me back.

2nd issue. ITS SO DANG PRETTY I dont want to cook on it hahah

Lastly I can see where the wheel mod that's going around can be useful. But havent rolled it around enough to see if it would truly benefit for me. I'll be rolling it maybe 3 ft out of the shop and that's about it..

Only mod I am doing right now is painting the SS lid resting point. As others have mentioned I can see where maybe over time this could wear on the powder coating. So iam spraying it with Plastidip

Overall I am beyond impressed oh and if you think there isnt enough cooking space on the Stampede 590 think again. Cooking chamber is massive.

Cant wait to fire her up

View attachment 547View attachment 548
Did you ever get your WiFi connected?? What kind of router do you have? I was having issues with the new app update and I disabled my 5GHz band on my router. Reconnected to the 2.4ghz connection with my phone and was able to successfully sync my grill up following that. Then I reactivated the 5GHz band and everything was good to go!

I sure was. The issue was with the phone. I have a Samsung and it would not allow the app to turn on the location. Once I went in and enabled the location everything worked and has continued working as advertised...

Been cooking a brisket since 2am and the app has been working flawlessly...

I sure was. The issue was with the phone. I have a Samsung and it would not allow the app to turn on the location. Once I went in and enabled the location everything worked and has continued working as advertised...

Been cooking a brisket since 2am and the app has been working flawlessly...
Man, I just got my RT 2500 BFG today and I couldn't connect using the REC-TEC APP, It couldn't find my network name (SSID) for the setup. I unstalled the APP like 3 times on My Samsung phone and nothing worked. I just read your comment and enabled the location, and IT WORKED!!! thanks man!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back