RT-1250 Finally here!

Nice bikes. I've had 15 Harleys over the years, grew up in a Harley family back in the AMF days. Beautiful bikes, quality has never been better - I stilll would argue that Harley has the best chrome and paint in the industry. I've just decided to move in another direction.
I forgot the AMF days.

Many of us wish we could forget those days. Not a good time. But my 2021 Road Glide Special was a superb bike in every way.

Came home a little bit ago and had my RT-1250 sitting in front of my garage. Had to unpack the box in order to bring it inside. Man, when you guys said it was a tank, you weren't kidding! Much better made than my Traeger. Get it put together in the morning and put it thru its' paces. Took longer to get than I would have preferred but no damage, everything is pristine.
Good for you... enjoy!!

And so now little of this has anything with to do the proud owner of a new 1250 getting his new grill, and for my part in that I apologize. Congrats!
Thank you all for letting me briefly live vicariously through you. You have beautiful bikes! I always wanted a Harley of my own, but I ended up dropping $120,000 on grad school instead 😭.

Inaugural cook this morning. Put a small (13 pound) brisket on at 0500. I placed 2 chunks of hickory on top the deflector, set it at 225, and let her rip. I should mention we were hit by thunderstorms all morning, and the RT-1250 purred right thru it. Wrapped at 10, turned it up to 250 and let it finish until probe tender. Put in cooler to rest for 4 hours. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a first for me - true smoke flavor from a pellet grill! Could have let it go a bit longer before wrapping, but very tender - flavor was superb. Traeger goes up for sale this week, followed by the offset.

Last edited:
Well, since we've already hijacked this thread, I just couldn't resist showing off my pride and joy. I went the other direction... grew up riding metric bikes and then turned to the dark side back in 2010 can't see myself ever going back...

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 1.44.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Priorities my friend. I have a half dozen smokers, and she didnt even bat an eye when I told her I bought this. Also bought a new motorcycle picking up tomorrow - she was happy for me. Gotta take care of a lady like that.
Be sure to post a pic of that new ride when you get it.

Well, since we've already hijacked this thread, I just couldn't resist showing off my pride and joy. I went the other direction... grew up riding metric bikes and then turned to the dark side back in 2010 can't see myself ever going back...

View attachment 16348
Nice bike!

View attachment 16352
I grew up riding Asian metric bikes myself-switched to HD 30 years ago. Love the look of your Tour Glide! I expect I have bought my last new bike, but if I were in the market for one today, the TG would be #1 on my list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back