RT-1250 Finally here!

friedenfels

Came home a little bit ago and had my RT-1250 sitting in front of my garage. Had to unpack the box in order to bring it inside. Man, when you guys said it was a tank, you weren't kidding! Much better made than my Traeger. Get it put together in the morning and put it thru its' paces. Took longer to get than I would have preferred but no damage, everything is pristine.

Came home a little bit ago and had my RT-1250 sitting in front of my garage. Had to unpack the box in order to bring it inside. Man, when you guys said it was a tank, you weren't kidding! Much better made than my Traeger. Get it put together in the morning and put it thru its' paces. Took longer to get than I would have preferred but no damage, everything is pristine.
Congrats! Nothing beats that new grill smell! :cool:

Priorities my friend. I have a half dozen smokers, and she didnt even bat an eye when I told her I bought this. Also bought a new motorcycle picking up tomorrow - she was happy for me. Gotta take care of a lady like that.
What kind of bike did you get?

My gosh, we cannot be friends. I have two Harleys, a 1972 FLH ElectraGlide Shovel and a 2003 ElectraGlIde ClassIc.
876D0689-B7B7-43EA-B6D8-D3169EB9B37D.jpeg
0D2B4C47-6390-4895-910D-B55626A61EE1.jpeg

BTW @Greg Jones those are nice bikes!
Thanks! I bought the 2003 new in July 2002 when they first came out. The Shovel I bought the year before, same as new with less than 5k miles. I was actually looking for a Panhead for a project bike and i stumbled across this. Couldn’t say no-actually bought it on eBay. I’ve been riding for over 50 years now and the Shovel is the most enchanting bike I have ever owned… Not the best bike, but gosh I do love it!

Thanks! I bought the 2003 new in July 2002 when they first came out. The Shovel I bought the year before, same as new with less than 5k miles. I was actually looking for a Panhead for a project bike and i stumbled across this. Couldn’t say no-actually bought it on eBay. I’ve been riding for over 50 years now and the Shovel is the most enchanting bike I have ever owned… Not the best bike, but gosh I do love it!
I had a 1200 Sportster and a Dyna. I sold those and bought a Victory, mistake. Riding around here scares the snot out of me. I'm safer on 4 wheels.

I had a 1200 Sportster and a Dyna. I sold those and bought a Victory, mistake. Riding around here scares the snot out of me. I'm safer on 4 wheels.
I don’t ride as much as I used to either. I’m an old fart now, in case that isn’t obvious. My first Harley was a DynaGlide, bought in 1992. I rode that bike to Sturgis and about everywhere else and if I had it to do over again, I would have never have sold it. Probably my favorite/best bike ever. My youngest son, who is now 22, in the saddlebag of the Dyna.

EBC0666E-499F-499B-B842-65D38689B95F.jpeg

And my favorite pic of me and the Shovel. Best in Class at a Memorial Day bike show, many years ago. Over the years, I’ve entered this bike in multiple shows in two different states, has never placed less than a 2nd place trophy. View attachment 16297
Nice bikes. I've had 15 Harleys over the years, grew up in a Harley family back in the AMF days. Beautiful bikes, quality has never been better - I stilll would argue that Harley has the best chrome and paint in the industry. I've just decided to move in another direction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back