Bull Electrical Problem Solved

Fractal

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I had a heart-stopping experience, but fixed it. I thought it may be of use to anyone on here.

I just got my RT-700 and for my 3rd cook, invited a whole bunch of people over. The cook had to start at 4AM so when I went out there, and set everything up and plugged it in, it kept throwing the GFCI circuit. 30 minutes later and I'm dying.

After calming down I noticed that everything outside on my deck is dripping wet with dew. I turned on an outside standing fan to max and blasted the control box for 30 minutes. After that, everything was fine.

@Fractal man I would be freaking out too. While I've never had this issue, even with all the humidity we get here, it's a good thing it just kept tripping the GFCI and now burning something up.

So what are you cooking? :D

It was a pulled pork shoulder to be served at noon to the neighbors as we just moved to the neighborhood... talking about first impressions... :eek:

It was a pulled pork shoulder to be served at noon to the neighbors as we just moved to the neighborhood... talking about first impressions... :eek:
Very nice!

I'm doing a pork butt for a bunch of friends and neighbors next weekend as well. :)

if your using to long of extension cord that will happen.

lol on cook panics. you can plan it out all the best but it ain’t done till it’s done.

how the pork turn out?

Oh barely fine... I'm about to post another thread with my problems to see if ya'll can help me on where I went wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back