Electrical consumption

yetiboy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Anyone have info on the electricity consumption of the Bull while in use? I would imagine it could vary depending on temperature setting, but I'm just looking for a range and I haven't been able to find anything after searching for a bit.

Not the Bull, but a user responded in another thread about the Stampede

"120 to 150 watts while it was running / heating up.
I had it set to extreme smoke, and once it reached temp the watts dropped significantly. As the fan cycled on, it jumped to 30, and off it was 2.5 to 3.

Go to HD or lowes and buy a "kilawatt". It measures volts, amps, watts, kilowatt hrs.

Anyone have info on the electricity consumption of the Bull while in use? I would imagine it could vary depending on temperature setting, but I'm just looking for a range and I haven't been able to find anything after searching for a bit.
Recteq recommends getting a generator of at least 600 watts and one that's rated for electronics.

The last part is super important "a generator that's rated for electronics" as many of the lower end generators are great at pumping out huge amounts of electricity at the expense of being very dirty (aka, spiky) and horrible for electronics.

I would highly recommend checking out the Honda EU series. Something like the Honda EU1000i would be a great option.

I personally have the Honda EU3000i which is overkill for just a recteq grill, but I also connect it to my breaker box to power most of the house in the event power goes out.

Those Honda generators are money well spent. Our HS marching band has one of the EU2200 models that is used to power the electronics of the ‘pit’ equipment (sound boards, amps, computers, speakers). It is very dependable and unbelievably quiet.

I used to spend a lot of money on electricity. When I received the bills each time there was a bigger number. So I really wanted to change something and one of my friends helped me with that. He shared this bates-electric.com site, I called those guys and asked them for help. So they came and designs for me the lights in the house in such a way in order not to use so much electricity. To be honest I was very skeptical because of that 'cause I couldn't believe that it would work. How wrong I was lol. Now I really spend not so much on electricity and at the same time my house looks incredibly comfortable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back