Bullseye 2° No Problem for The Bull

Beach_Glass_Lounge

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
  2. RT-1250
It feels like 2° this morning on the shores of Lake Erie… recteq came up to temp quickly and has held at 250° without any assistance from a thermal blanket or any interior heat source. This is impressive!!!
IMG_2537.jpeg

IMG_2534.png

I use a welding blanket when it gets down to the chilly ranges.
Slows pellet consumption way down.
But I wonder if it applies less smoke at that slower consumption 🤨
I bet there is an engineer out there who has calculated the incremental use of pellets at different temperatures. I’m guessing there is not a 1:1 relationship % change in temperature and % change in pellet consumption lol. But that’s an interesting question on the smoke. All I can say is my pork butt and the bark on it turned out great in the cold temps.

Ran my RT590 in -22 weather. It actually performed with out any issues I was absolutely stunned.
When I see things like this, I wonder why products like pits and spits smokers are so expensive. I get the small premium you pay for recteq since it easily outperforms the options that are slightly cheaper. I get that pits and spits are made in the USA and that they are made with better materials. But why would you pay a 100% premium when you just don’t need to do that? Pits & Spits doesn’t even make sense when you start to look at things like the KBQ option. AnyWho, just thinking out loud.

When I see things like this, I wonder why products like pits and spits smokers are so expensive. I get the small premium you pay for recteq since it easily outperforms the options that are slightly cheaper. I get that pits and spits are made in the USA and that they are made with better materials. But why would you pay a 100% premium when you just don’t need to do that? Pits & Spits doesn’t even make sense when you start to look at things like the KBQ option. AnyWho, just thinking out loud.
Everyone’s “needs” are different. What “makes sense” to one doesn’t make sense to another. Live and let live!

Last edited:
Everyone’s “needs” are different. What “ makes sense” to one doesn’t make sense to another. Live and let live!
I actually read a bunch of forums after I posted this and I feel differently after doing so. I watched the MAK 3 star sear a tomahawk and couldn’t believe the results.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back