Disappointing Pork (smithfield)

Smithfield ribs are pre brined in a sodium solution.
I prefer Duroc.

Its more the way they taste. Mass produced factory farms. I just order from on line where I can find Duroc breed products.
Too nice to eat!

1662562194228.png

To get away from this you have to buy a pig share from a local farmer who pasture raises their pork. Most grocery store pork will have the same issue due to all mass produced meat uses the cheapest feed and husbandry practices. A pig share means you own it prior to slaughter so you can choose you method of harvest and select your butcher.

The Smithfield Pork Plant, here in Milford, UT (who also packs for "Farmland Foods") is looking at a huge (33 - 66%) closure due to issues stemming out of their California Plants
They are a the largest Employer in that area (Beaver County) of the State

To get away from this you have to buy a pig share from a local farmer who pasture raises their pork. Most grocery store pork will have the same issue due to all mass produced meat uses the cheapest feed and husbandry practices. A pig share means you own it prior to slaughter so you can choose you method of harvest and select your butcher.
That won't change what they eat. Been there for the whole "on the hoof" pig sales...and when the farm owner fed.

This is another case of 'just because they will eat it doesn't mean they should'.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back