Costco braiser

mikeporter616

It's not my fault!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Costco has a 4 quart braiser on sale for $32. It is lined and when I used it last night it worked like a champ. I think that it is a good buy.
1649003793848.jpeg

That’s a good price, and the Tramontina stuff appears to be regarded as good quality. I have way too many (expensive) Dutch ovens as it is, but having an enameled DO dedicated to the grills where I don’t have to worry about cleaning off all the smoke residue would be handy.

We love our Le Creuset Dutch oven, braiser and roasting pan, but they are HEAVY! The Dutch oven is great for doing a pot roast (OK, I admit it; not everything gets cooked on the RT pellet grill around here). And, I too, get the chore of washing those heavy suckers because the lady of the house has a hard time managing the weight. No big deal; the pot roast and other things she cooks in them are spectacular and worth the price I pay.

I’m not sure if this is a consideration for anyone else, but some enameled cast iron cookware is dishwasher safe and some isn’t. It’s worth checking, if you’re lazy like me 😁.

Last edited:
That’s a good price, and the Tramontina stuff appears to be regarded as good quality. I have way too many (expensive) Dutch ovens as it is, but having an enameled DO dedicated to the grills where I don’t have to worry about cleaning off all the smoke residue would be handy.
And, if you do want to clean off the “smoke residue” and other cooking stains, Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser does a great job!

I used to have a whole set of porcelain coated cast iron, and I'll be honest.....They perform great, but the weight turns me off. I'm more of a tri-clad guy now.

I've been eyeing the porcelain stuff myself, but I'm already invested in Lodge cast iron.
Maybe I'll get her one for for Christmas. No wait, kitchen stuff for Christmas is probably a bad idea.
She can get me one! :D(y)

I've been eyeing the porcelain stuff myself, but I'm already invested in Lodge cast iron.
Maybe I'll get her one for for Christmas. No wait, kitchen stuff for Christmas is probably a bad idea.
She can get me one! :D(y)
Smart man!

I’m not sure if this is a consideration for anyone else, but some enameled cast iron cookware is dishwasher safe and some isn’t. It’s worth checking, if you’re lazy like me 😁.
Le Creuset is rated “dishwasher safe” by the manufacturer, though it notes that frequent use of a dishwasher can dull the exterior finish over time. Tramontina recommends “hand washing” without any specific reference to being dishwasher safe.

Tramontina also notes that there areas where the cast iron is “exposed” and recommends “seasoning“ them with oil to prevent rusting. My guess is that’s the reason for recommending hand washing. Le Creuset is fully covered with enamel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back