Stampede Competition Cart Alignment

m5902

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Like many others, I got the comp cart on the black Friday deal. Is the alignment on the edges below normal? The bottom front right was bent a little after I unboxed (assuming from the factory as box was undamaged), but I bent it back with a rubber mallet. The bolt holes all aligned with no issues, so I'm assuming it's all fine. It just seems they'd design the sides of the grill and cart to be flush rather than have the cart stick out.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201219-161147_Photos.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201219-161147_Photos.jpg
    666.3 KB · Views: 87
  • SmartSelect_20201219-161118_Photos.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201219-161118_Photos.jpg
    781.4 KB · Views: 83
My cart looks the same. Just assemble it a couple of days ago. At least all your holes lined up, I had 3 that did not, and took a bit of persuasion to get the bolts in. It all worked out in the end and looks good. Did my burn in last night and this thing does hold temps perfectly, much better than my old Camp Chef. Good luck with yours!

My cart looks the same also although in person it doesn’t look as bad. I’m doing my second cook and I’m amazed at how fast it comes to temp and stays steady even with 39 degree outside temp.

My was slightly bent at the corners but don't notice not its assembled. I had problems with 2 bolts but just had to give it a couple extra taps to go through. Congrats on the smoker...

Looks the same has mine. Did you have 16 hex nuts leftover which I believe were intended for casters? Sheet steel already had threaded nuts welded in place.

Looks the same has mine. Did you have 16 hex nuts leftover which I believe were intended for casters? Sheet steel already had threaded nuts welded in place.

I did too and my cart overhangs about an 1/16th an inch

Thanks all. I'm glad to know it's normal, and yes I had 4 bolts, 4 split lock washers, 4 washers, and 4 nuts leftover too. They use 1 set for each wheel with the normal cart (I looked at the directions after I finished assembling 😀).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back