Stampede Competition Cart Install

ns88

Does anyone have any tips on how to uninstall the existing stock legs and install the comp cart with just one person? Would prefer not to have to empty out the hopper if possible.

Thanks!

If you have 2 people, simply unbolt old legs pick the grill up and drop it on the comp cart, 5 minutes tops, piece of cake. If one person, come up with some rigging and strength...

Unless you have some way to lift the grill (engine hoist, ceiling-mounted hook for block-and-tackle, sturdy tripod, etc.) doing this without help is going to be a challenge. Save your back—and, your sanity—recruit a friend to help.

I joined my comp cart by myself when I built it up new. I stood the drum on end and mated the drum and cart., then flipped it upright. Pretty straight forward.

But you need to empty the hopper and take off the handle on the right end of the drum. To empty the hopper, just get a plastic cup or small tupperware container and bail it out into a bucket or bag. It doesn't take but a few minutes

Don't make me come over and do this, unless you have beer.

I joined my comp cart by myself when I built it up new. I stood the drum on end and mated the drum and cart., then flipped it upright. Pretty straight forward.

But you need to empty the hopper and take off the handle on the right end of the drum. To empty the hopper, just get a plastic cup or small tupperware container and bail it out into a bucket or bag. It doesn't take but a few minutes

Don't make me come over and do this, unless you have beer.

Same here, I bought mine with the comp cart, built the cart then dead lifted the barrel on to the cart by myself. It can be done solo but it isn't easy. My biggest worry was not pinching any "appendages" when setting the barrel on the cart

Same here, I bought mine with the comp cart, built the cart then dead lifted the barrel on to the cart by myself. It can be done solo but it isn't easy. My biggest worry was not pinching any "appendages" when setting the barrel on the cart
I did the deadlift too. After getting it on I remember thinking “that was stupid”

It’s not the weight, it’s the micro fraction of spacing you have to sit the grill into the cart, while not being able to see the cart opening well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back