Bull Cleaning fail

Grillmatt

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So, got the RT700 couple weeks ago. Probably done 7-8 cooks, 15ish hours, happy so far but still learning. On the advice of many here, bought some bar keepers friend (liquid) to clean the smoke residue off and man was I disappointed - it literally did nothing to the grease smoke residue. What am I doing wrong? Thx

for the grease i use dawn dish soap on a wet rag. it will get alot of the discoloration off. bkf works but i agree its slow. i have used it and got to clean shiny metal it just takes time. good luck and im sure others will offer better advice

I use BKF but I believe RT suggest Cameo by Brillo

If you plan to keep it from discoloring you might want to consider sealing the lid.. really a personal choice but does help in that area. Many threads here to look at on that subject. Just do a search.

@Grillmatt BKF liquid tends to be less abrasive than the powder. I think it’s because the abrasives settle and don’t come out even with a good shaking. I buy the powder, then you can add as much or little as you want to get the desired consistency.

FYI Those interested in "Method Heavy Duty Degreaser" I fount it at Target for $3.78 , for a 28oz bottle.... They do ship for free after some $$..........

I'm proud of the patina my 590 has acquired since last July. The only outside cleaning was the yellow pollen dust.

Real Lemon lemon juice in a spray bottle. Let it sit for a few minutes and then spray it again and hit it with one of those green scotch bright pads. Repeat as necessary. Once clean just wipe off the smoke residue with a paper towel. Also works if you need to clean anything on the inside as well. The good part about using lemon juice is that you don't have to clean up/rinse away any chemicals.

Last edited:
FYI Those interested in "Method Heavy Duty Degreaser" I fount it at Target for $3.78 , for a 28oz bottle.... They do ship for free after some $$..........
You have a link? Not finding it on the website.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back