Bull Chicken Qtrs. On the RT700

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Tonight's cook. Turned out perfect. Just as happy today with this Smoker , as I was the day it arrived.
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200522184248285_COVER.jpg

Great looking plate! What temp did you cook your chicken at?
Thank you.
Mixed it up a little this time.
Extreme smoke.for 40mins
And then 375° for 50 mins.
I added a little baking powder to the rub.
My probes registered only 37° internal when I put them on, and I was at 165° when I pulled them.
I probably would pull at 160° for just myself because it will gain a little temp internally afterwards. But my Wife is a stickler on my chicken temps. Haha... Skin was crispy, inside was real juicy yet.

Last edited:
Thank you.
Mixed it up a little this time.
Extreme smoke.for 40mins
And then 375° for 50 mins.
I added a little baking powder to the rub.
My probes registered only 37° internal when I put them on, and I was at 165° when I pulled them.
I probably would pull at 160° for just myself because it will gain a little temp internally afterwards. But my Wife is a stickler on my chicken temps. Haha... Skin was crispy, inside was real moist yet.
Nice! I generally cook my chicken hot and fast. 425F for 45 mins, 3-4lb chickens cut up into 8 pieces on the regular grill grates.

My family loves it and the skin is decently crispy. They like it so much that I've been informed that I can't cook it any other way!:D

I'm interested in some time in the extreme setting though to gain some smoke flavor soon, may just have to sneak that in!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back