Check your high Temperature settings!

BigDog

Running my turkey today and the bird temperature was coming up way too fast. Found my RT590 was running closer to 360 not the 325 it was set for. I never run my pit this high so I would not known. FYI

20231123_124349.jpg
20231123_124043.jpg

You are measuring directly above the fire pot that's why, put your probe exactly where the RT probe is. The entire pit isn't the same temperature, hence why we must be aware of where we place the meat and have to move around if necessary.

You are measuring directly above the fire pot that's why, put your probe exactly where the RT probe is. The entire pit isn't the same temperature, hence why we must be aware of where we place the meat and have to move around if necessary.
I had mine in several places, I think I messed it up when I adjusted my meat probes. Had a cook that seemed quick, checked and yep.

I had mine in several places, I think I messed it up when I adjusted my meat probes. Had a cook that seemed quick, checked and yep.
Checked it again today, 250 PID, 250 dead center 1 inch high on the grates, deltas, -6 average front left, +6 right rear. Pretty ok to me. My Stick burner nor that POS gas smoker I had could ever do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back