Bullseye B380 high temp check

Pete 396

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I just picked up a B380 today. I read a thread last night about the B380 running higher temps than indicated. I can't find that thread now but I ask the question what do you do use to check the temp. I would like to check mine when I get it put together. So what should I use to check the temp?

I just picked up a B380 today. I read a thread last night about the B380 running higher temps than indicated. I can't find that thread now but I ask the question what do you do use to check the temp. I would like to check mine when I get it put together. So what should I use to check the temp?
A thermometer

Ok.... if you only bought one would it be the Chef Alarm or the Industrial IR from Thermo Works?

Ok.... if you only bought one would it be the Chef Alarm or the Industrial IR from Thermo Works?
The Chef Alarm will give you the ability to monitor the internal temp of what you're cooking and the IR will give you the surface temp of your cooking surface. Neither will give you ambient air temp within the grill.

I went with Signals for ambient and internal temp monitoring, and the IRK-2 kit for surface temps along with an extra instant read probe.

The Chef Alarm will give you the ability to monitor the internal temp of what you're cooking and the IR will give you the surface temp of your cooking surface. Neither will give you ambient air temp within the grill.

I went with Signals for ambient and internal temp monitoring, and the IRK-2 kit for surface temps along with an extra instant read probe.
So technically speaking..... I've got to become a Meat Scientist 😊

Lol, thanks for the information, ambient temperature eh, I shall investigate.

I am going to try my second cook on the Bullseye today, I will be doing a lot of lid raising me thinks🤗

So technically speaking..... I've got to become a Meat Scientist 😊

Lol, thanks for the information, ambient temperature eh, I shall investigate.

I am going to try my second cook on the Bullseye today, I will be doing a lot of lid raising me thinks🤗
It is certainly more scientific than when I first started to help my dad cater BBQ at 8yrs old when you largely went by how the meat looked, felt, and cook time to estimate doneness.

The Bullseye does retain (and even amplifies) the wild temp swings you could see with wood fires though!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back