RT-1250 Cast Iron Deflector from RT 1250

Yeah the pellet dump was really far down on my list and I agree about loading the hopper up. I'll most likely find one pellet I like and just use that for everything but we will as time goes on. I don't really care that much about the pellet dump. It was more the other features that made me question it.
In 2.5 years owning my Bull, I have never had the need to empty the hopper. I use the same pellets for everything with excellent results. No pellet dump needed in my opinion.

I called & emailed customer support today about the iron deflector. Phone call tech support guy said the iron deflector wouldn't fit the RT 700. I then sent email asking if it would fit, and if not, could it be modified to do so. I also asked for the dimensions of the iron deflector. A different tech support guy answered the email...sort of... by saying the iron deflector would fit, but isn't available for resale. He did not give measurements & stated "my deflector is warped in my 700 too, but it doesn't affect function". I'll bet, once inventory is up, they will offer the iron deflector as an option....maybe.

Also, I would have loved to have the tie down loops during my 600 mile beach drive in June:):giggle::cool:

Last edited:
With the new grill out, it could be they are having issues getting and keeping parts in stock?
Greg

I wouldn’t get myself too worried about not being able to get the parts to upgrade the 700 right away.
The 1250 is hardly out and it doesn’t have any parts section on the recteq site yet either. all the accessories advertised for it are just for the 700 too.
soon enough and we’ll be able to get everything
I agree. Too much money to be made not to offer the upgrades.

Smoke daddy sells one , I believe it’s 10 gauge steel , they have the other one with the doors to add wood chunks, I just bought the standard one , think it was 50/60 bucks , soon as my stock deflector warped I bought it but I’m seeing a pattern with rec teq that I was hoping would not come ☹️

Could be. How old was yours when it got that bad?
I want to say about 1 yr old.
Btw, Just a few weeks ago I did a high heat cook (I seldom do unless it's pizza and even then only about 425°) but that day I went over 525. It was smoldering a little after shutoff ,so to be safe I took it apart to make sure it was out before puting it away. I noticed my drip pan had warped in the center. It hand a good size depression in the center. I set it on the ground and used my foot to push it out but it went back in after a minute. Maybe 10 minutes later, with a pretty loud pop, it went back to normal on its own. Love my RecTeq and I wasn't really too worried considering the 6 year warranty. (Believe mine is about 2-1/2 yes old)... It's just the fact that they do these things. I'd rather pay a little more and not have the issue myself. Not a complaint, just fyi stuff.

I want to say about 1 yr old.
Btw, Just a few weeks ago I did a high heat cook (I seldom do unless it's pizza and even then only about 425°) but that day I went over 525. It was smoldering a little after shutoff ,so to be safe I took it apart to make sure it was out before puting it away. I noticed my drip pan had warped in the center. It hand a good size depression in the center. I set it on the ground and used my foot to push it out but it went back in after a minute. Maybe 10 minutes later, with a pretty loud pop, it went back to normal on its own. Love my RecTeq and I wasn't really too worried considering the 6 year warranty. (Believe mine is about 2-1/2 yes old)... It's just the fact that they do these things. I'd rather pay a little more and not have the issue myself. Not a complaint, just fyi stuff.
I hear you. The first few times l used my 590 l heard a few pops which l assumed was just those parts flexing or "settling". Ive had it up over 500° several time and luckily no warping for me yet. It's just over a year old though. Knock on wood!

Last edited:
This will make me hesitant on recommending a RecTeq to friends and family. Not crazy about this mentality of a company to be honest. It is not customer centric proving the path they plan to ride out. Selfish and greed will be their demise.
I feel exactly the same, they should make the parts readily available for purchase to confirmed RT owners It's not like we're asking for them to give the parts to us, a little loyalty goes a long way & it's a 2 way street.
I will REMEMBER their poor decision when it comes down to purchasing another smoker & promise to give them the same consideration they're giving me about the parts upgrades for my 700 ... absolutely ZERO !!!

I feel exactly the same, they should make the parts readily available for purchase to confirmed RT owners It's not like we're asking for them to give the parts to us, a little loyalty goes a long way & it's a 2 way street.
I will REMEMBER their poor decision when it comes down to purchasing another smoker & promise to give them the same consideration they're giving me about the parts upgrades for my 700 ... absolutely ZERO !!!
Funny, RT mentions the 700 heat deflector as a upgrade for the 680.

Might just be me but this whole thread seems a little silly. The deflector in my 590 warped. Makes no difference at all. It doesn't matter if it warps. What would matter is if it burned through, which isn't likely.
I recommend Recteq without hesitation to everyone. Best grill I have ever used, a real workhorse. Are their products perfect? No, but for the money, they offer great value. And, the company, in my experience, is very focused on customer satisfaction. Great job Recteq! Keep doing what you are doing.

Might just be me but this whole thread seems a little silly. The deflector in my 590 warped. Makes no difference at all. It doesn't matter if it warps. What would matter is if it burned through, which isn't likely.
I recommend Recteq without hesitation to everyone. Best grill I have ever used, a real workhorse. Are their products perfect? No, but for the money, they offer great value. And, the company, in my experience, is very focused on customer satisfaction. Great job Recteq! Keep doing what you are doing.
What part is silly?

Actually, sometimes it does matter. Many have had it warp bad enough it pushes the drip pan out of whack. Mine did and others have also. That's when I called on replacement. My replacement warped.. but nowhere near the original.
Other than that you're correct if it's not effective anything don't worry about it. (That was on a 700)

Actually, sometimes it does matter. Many have had it warp bad enough it pushes the drip pan out of whack. Mine did and others have also. That's when I called on replacement. My replacement warped.. but nowhere near the original.
Other than that you're correct if it's not effective anything don't worry about it. (That was on a 700)
Well, I certainly would be concerned about it warping that far. I have had my grill for awhile now and the warp is nowhere near what you describe. I was not aware that that would happen. Yeah, a warp like that is something the company needs to address.

Sent an email to rec tec on Monday and received a new heat deflector yesterday.
Seems like the new might be a bit heavier.
Have to compare when I cook this weekend.

Attachments

• D5ECBC53-DFCE-4845-B029-967EECA4A1F3.jpeg
    D5ECBC53-DFCE-4845-B029-967EECA4A1F3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 117

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back