Stampede Capture Turkey Drippins?

flippingeo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Guys, this is my first year smoking the Thanksgiving bird. I'm nervous about it, but excited. Anyway, I always make my gravy from the drippings in the oven. So my question is, how the heck do I get the drippings from the bird in the 590? I don't want to pan it the bird to reduce smoke and for it to get soggy. I don't see room for a pan under the grate. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Guys, this is my first year smoking the Thanksgiving bird. I'm nervous about it, but excited. Anyway, I always make my gravy from the drippings in the oven. So my question is, how the heck do I get the drippings from the bird in the 590? I don't want to pan it the bird to reduce smoke and for it to get soggy. I don't see room for a pan under the grate. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your thoughts.
I personally don't care for the smoked flavor drippings. A roaster rack above a 1,/2 steam pan should do the trick for you.

Start directly on the grill rack with low temp for an hour or so for smoke flavor, then put it in a pan on a wire rack to collect the drippings and raise the temp to 350-375+ to finish it off.

An you might me right there. I plan on spatchcocking so I can probably make a good stock from the spine, trimmings and innards. Thanks!

I thought about that, but was concerned that the miscellaneous drippings from a variety of cooks in the "gutter" and drip spout would compromise the collected drippings. And I did not feel like scrubbing out everything in the drip collection path.

I thought about that, but was concerned that the miscellaneous drippings from a variety of cooks in the "gutter" and drip spout would compromise the collected drippings. And I did not feel like scrubbing out everything in the drip collection path.

I think maybe just for this cook line that easily with some foil as well so you have virgin juices. I have not done it but should be easy enough I think :unsure: ..

I have seen guys put a disposable pan under the grill grate and on top of the drip pan.

Start directly on the grill rack with low temp for an hour or so for smoke flavor, then put it in a pan on a wire rack to collect the drippings and raise the temp to 350-375+ to finish it off.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I have been usually smoking things on the bull’s-eye for about an hour on the lowest setting, then I turn the heat up two 225 to finish it off, and then maybe last 30 or 40 minutes cut it up to 400 to Crisp off the skin rap with poultry. And with other things that I want to smoke I usually do maybe an hour and a half at the very lowest setting which on the bull’s-eye is about 180 and is the setting that primarily generates the smoke sense I don’t know that you necessarily want to smoke something for four hours. But again this is really a question

We bought an Aluminum Roasting Pan from the $-Store
Rolled the Sides in to lower the Height and placed it between the Drip Pan and the Grates:
T-day 2020 Turket on theBull.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back