Bull Bull has been ordered- Is the Comp Cart A MUST HAVE?

I ordered my 700 last week and have been doing more reading on this forum and wherever else I can find. I'm needing to decide ASAP if I need a competition cart so I can add it to my order before shipping.
Or are there any other good options (cabinets, stands. carts) to consider outside of the comp cart?

I will be putting the bull on my back patio where it will live and wont be moving it much. But I dont want to worry about it tipping over either. Does the cop cart have storage underneath?
I also just bought a Bull & the standard legs/casters are quite stable & it is easily maneuverable on my Trex deck. It is my understanding that the competition cart is for those who plan to move their grill a lot, particularly on softer surfaces.

I just did the wheel mod when I got mine and made my back axle wider to account for the weight of a full hopper. Best thing about it for me is the increased working height.

20200915_151012.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that I cant do this mod to my "new" 700
You'll notice his photo shows the old straight legs. The current design has the legs angled for a wider stance and the fixed wheels are mounted differently which makes a change more complicated.

I guess I will be the odd man out. I got the cart when I ordered the Bull. No regrets at all. The Bull is a large smoker and the comp cart makes this thing a real beast.

As many have said the original wheels are adequate. I asked the same questions you did and made the decision to but the cart. Why? Because I have to move mine all the time to use it do to storage issue so I am very glad I spent the extra cash. But the final choice is yours and you need to decided if you need them or want them. Other than that Welcome to the Family.

Here's what a broken swivel caster looks like on an RT-700
You will always have this problem on any cheap caster when you overweight it. I have never seen this problem if you stay within rated weight but when you severely overload it, happens overtime every time. My bull i have no issues with but only store utensils and other lightweight items. My racks in my garage on the other hand, rated for well over 1k pounds are stuffed with just a bit more. I had to put wood blocks under the corners or they were doomed to fall over from bent casters.

Cant say any more in regards to what has already been said in regard to cart and must have. But i will say its a true statement for the front shelf.

I have the comp cart, If you move your recreq BUY it...Itis like dancing as you float around the area... It is great "IF" you move your cart a lot....

IMH(umble)O, I think it all hinges on you plans to "move it around"
If you plan to put the Bull in one spot and or the "terrain" isn't rough, the Caster will work just fine
Plus .... the Bottom Shelf is quite handy:
VmF12vN.jpg

6FGW8Fy.jpg

You will always have this problem on any cheap caster when you overweight it. I have never seen this problem if you stay within rated weight but when you severely overload it, happens overtime every time. My bull i have no issues with but only store utensils and other lightweight items. My racks in my garage on the other hand, rated for well over 1k pounds are stuffed with just a bit more. I had to put wood blocks under the corners or they were doomed to fall over from bent casters.
40 or 60 pounds of pellets on the shelf shouldn't push them over the limit. They were poor quality. Other folks ran into the same issue, and others haven't. Maybe RT had a bad batch - they also didn't have any in stock at the time for a warranty replacement.

I would love to have the cart, but just sitting in one spot on the deck and only moving to clean or re-stain the deck, I can't justify the extra cost. The cart sure does make the package look nicer though.

590 owner here. I moved my grill for sweeping frequently, not far, but enough that I really appreciate the sturdy casters on my comp cart. It is very disappointing that it has no storage.

Attachments

• 20210417_081544.jpg
    20210417_081544.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
I ordered my 700 last week and have been doing more reading on this forum and wherever else I can find. I'm needing to decide ASAP if I need a competition cart so I can add it to my order before shipping.
Or are there any other good options (cabinets, stands. carts) to consider outside of the comp cart?

I will be putting the bull on my back patio where it will live and wont be moving it much. But I dont want to worry about it tipping over either. Does the cop cart have storage underneath?
I bought my RT-700 in 04/2020. I have the "standard" cart. It works fine for me. I move it from my covered porch to outside all the time...and back inside once it cools off...or when I wake up from my meat-overload nap...whichever comes first. That is all on concrete. But I have taken out into the yard two times and had no issues. I figured if I do as much as possible in the 5 or 6 years of warranty I have, I'll find out how sturdy the frame and wheels are or get them replaced by ReqTec. The warranty is part of why I bought the ReqTec.

Just a matter of time before the RT700 casters get flat spots. They sent me new casters and those had flat spots 10 mins after installing them, even without pellets in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back