Bull Bull Beach Brisket

SweaT-rex

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I had a vacation last week at Seagrove Beach, FL with my extended family...24 folks in all. The Bull was loaded into the back of my truck with the help of my son in law & made the 6 hr drive to & from the beach without drama, other than driving back home in a tropical depression! The brisket was an 18 lb prime full packer purchased at Sam's a week prior to the trip, frozen immediately, then carried to the beach in the trusty Yeti with 2 previously smoked pork butts, each weighing 8 lbs. The butts were re-heated at 250 degrees in oven bags (in the beach house's oven) for about 3 hrs upon arrival the first night & fed everyone with plenty of leftovers for sandwiches & snacking for a couple of days.
The brisket was kept in the fridge for 4 days & allowed to thaw, then trimmed & covered with Heifer Dust. It was smoked at 235 degrees with Traeger Mesquite pellets from 12 midnight to about 1 PM to a probe tender 204 degrees, wrapped in foil, & put back in the Yeti for about 5 hrs. I would have preferred butcher's paper, but didn't have any. I think it was slightly overcooked (it pulled apart at times while slicing with a very sharp brisket knife), but it was incredibly tender, with a nice smoke ring. It tasted wonderful & was devoured with only a sandwich baggie of left overs. I wasn't too disappointed, as it was only my 2nd brisket.
The Bull was responsible for 3 suppers during the week, the other being boneless, skinless chicken breasts for Tex-Mex night. All of the guys on the trip were totally geeked out by the RT-700, even my brother who has a Weber SmokeFire :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0767.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 90
I had a vacation last week at Seagrove Beach, FL with my extended family...24 folks in all. The Bull was loaded into the back of my truck with the help of my son in law & made the 6 hr drive to & from the beach without drama, other than driving back home in a tropical depression! The brisket was an 18 lb prime full packer purchased at Sam's a week prior to the trip, frozen immediately, then carried to the beach in the trusty Yeti with 2 previously smoked pork butts, each weighing 8 lbs. The butts were re-heated at 250 degrees in oven bags (in the beach house's oven) for about 3 hrs upon arrival the first night & fed everyone with plenty of leftovers for sandwiches & snacking for a couple of days.
The brisket was kept in the fridge for 4 days & allowed to thaw, then trimmed & covered with Heifer Dust. It was smoked at 235 degrees with Traeger Mesquite pellets from 12 midnight to about 1 PM to a probe tender 204 degrees, wrapped in foil, & put back in the Yeti for about 5 hrs. I would have preferred butcher's paper, but didn't have any. I think it was slightly overcooked (it pulled apart at times while slicing with a very sharp brisket knife), but it was incredibly tender, with a nice smoke ring. It tasted wonderful & was devoured with only a sandwich baggie of left overs. I wasn't too disappointed, as it was only my 2nd brisket.
The Bull was responsible for 3 suppers during the week, the other being boneless, skinless chicken breasts for Tex-Mex night. All of the guys on the trip were totally geeked out by the RT-700, even my brother who has a Weber SmokeFire :cool:
Good job

That sounds and looks amazing. Even with being 3000 miles apart I wish I could of sampled that.

glad the beach trip was a success! how did the 3rpm auger do on your long cooks? longest i have done so far with 3rpm is 5hrs
There was no problem with the 3 rpm auger motor with the minimum feed rate set at 20. It locked on at 235 degrees & stayed there, even during a 3 AM thunderstorm(y) So far, I've done a 12 hr & 13 hr cook without incident.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back