RT-1250 how much room is between your top and bottom rack?

chadinsc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
im going to start working on making a second rack for my 700 today and was curious what the distance is from the top of the bottom rack to the top of the top rack on the 1250. also do you think thats the best placement? thanks guys

According to the website there is 5” between the bottom and top grate leaving 4” above the top grate.
1640796235148.png

I took my top rack out tonight after burning my wrist while placing wings on the bottom rack. Likely not a problem when smoking larger hunks-o-meat, but if I am not using the top rack, It stays out.

thanks bud. i didn’t even think to look at there website. that’s perfect. they probably put alot of thought into that spacing
I'd say for sure they did.

My previous pellet grill had barely enough clearance to sneak a spatchcocked chicken on the top rack. Also made flipping a steak more like a precision flick of the wrist power slide maneuver 😂

Lol i did finish my rack for the 700. turned out great i think. will be doing alot of sausages and other stuff with it. all 1/4in 304 stainless rods and doubled up on the bottoms for support. side slides are 304 stainless also. Also i called recteq for a replacement red light switch for the grills light and they sent the full kit so im going with to add a light in side the back of the smoke box also for fun. i like messing with stuff
8C767782-30AA-4E57-81E6-31B3185F1A1B.jpeg
B8E73EE1-AFCA-4132-B231-45FB0AF42B8A.jpeg
51AF3A5A-02BA-4EDB-AB1D-98E55E302959.jpeg

Lol i did finish my rack for the 700. turned out great i think. will be doing alot of sausages and other stuff with it. all 1/4in 304 stainless rods and doubled up on the bottoms for support. side slides are 304 stainless also. Also i called recteq for a replacement red light switch for the grills light and they sent the full kit so im going with to add a light in side the back of the smoke box also for fun. i like messing with stuffView attachment 19168View attachment 19169View attachment 19170
I never 'sausage efficiently covered grill racks. Nice job!

Thanks bud. im really happy with the rack. i still need to add hooks on the back of the hopper like the 1250 has to hang it. the sausage on the top rack has about 1/4in air gap all around each link that’s important. one time i overloaded the grill and didn’t leave any gaps and it really slowed down the cook and over smoked the sausage and ended up being that worlds best dog treats lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back