Bonehead Mistake

JamesB

I’m just fired up my Bull and forgot that I had left a pair of stainless steel tongs with rubber handles in it. Needless to say the rubber melted.

I was able to pull, most, but not all of it off the grate.

Now I’m wondering if I’ve poisoned the interior of the Bull with combusted petroleum by-products?

Thoughts?

IMO, no. I’m no scientist, so take my opinion with a grain of coarse kosher salt and a little course-ground black pepper. 🤣

If it was me, I would clean all the residue off that I could and fire up the grill on high for about an hour, periodically (every 10 minutes of so) opening the lid to let some fresh air in and smoke/residue out. After that, I would go back to cooking as usual.

I don’t think there is enough nastiness in the handles of a pair of tongs to worry much about. YMMV

I’d do the same as Jim and Smoke, probably skipping the opening, and clean the insides some after burning off at high temp. That doesn’t mean it’s what’s right for you.

I know prices for protein is high but ”come on now”. I don’t think anything bad will happen. Heck, think about all the micro-plastics we consume using bottled water, lol. I would do as advised above or if you are really worried, use a propane torch and really burn it into oblivion, or hit the grates with the Easy Off yellow top edition. If you select the EO, make sure you wash them well to get off any residual. Better yet, hit the grate with your pressure washer and it will knock the debris into your grass. Good luck.

The gasser is long gone to the dump, but I managed to do a rat once....

After that, I developed this funny habit of always opening the lid before lighting anything off.

The gasser is long gone to the dump, but I managed to do a rat once....

After that, I developed this funny habit of always opening the lid before lighting anything off.
Love me some rat 😋
1700514708833.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back