Bull Beef short ribs on the bull!

Jgravener1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I managed to find some short ribs for a decent price for the meat market right now. I followed mad scientist bbq. Only change was I lowered temps. Did 225 for first 4 hours. Bumped to 250 and sprayed every hour. Wrapped once at 190 and pulled at 200 rest for half hour. Total time of 8.5 hours. So far this was my favorite bbq item. Absolutely tasty
PXL_20210812_162215494.jpg
PXL_20210812_215117067.jpg
PXL_20210813_003523768.jpg

They look amazing! I'm always leery to try beef ribs; I grew up on Pork Ribs in GA and now I'm in Texas where beef is preferred.

Beef ribs are probably my favorite bbq item. Hard to find in my area. Costco has them every now and then but usually I need to get them from an online vendor. So good. In fact I just remembered I have a rack in the freezer! Need to get those out. Thanks for the inspiration.

Those came out great!

The two times I did them, were both great. I got mine at Restaurant Depot. Had to buy two racks.

My Costco only has boneless beef ribs, or Korean cut ribs (cross cut)
You should be able to ask if they will sell you some "un-cut". It might take a little explaining, but they will often do that. (ours used to, but then they stopped carrying them altogether) There are a few other stores near us that carry them, but I am also curious to try Wild Fork Foods online.

My most recent purchase was from Wild Fork. Prime grade, 3 bone plate rib racks. One still in the freezer. The rack I cooked was amazing. Actually I will say it was the best I have ever had here at home. Their product has all been excellent so far. In fact I just finished trimming and salting a prime brisket from them a few minutes ago to go on the Bull tomorrow night.

I’ll try the local Restaurant Depot next. I have to setup the account, so I’ve been dragging my feet on it.

My most recent purchase was from Wild Fork. Prime grade, 3 bone plate rib racks. One still in the freezer. The rack I cooked was amazing. Actually I will say it was the best I have ever had here at home. Their product has all been excellent so far. In fact I just finished trimming and salting a prime brisket from them a few minutes ago to go on the Bull tomorrow night.
Did the ribs come prepped from wild fork? This slab had some decent fat on it I had to trim up. Another butcher I called wanted 13.99 a pound but they came prepped. To me that's taking some of the fun out of it though

Did the ribs come prepped from wild fork? This slab had some decent fat on it I had to trim up. Another butcher I called wanted 13.99 a pound but they came prepped. To me that's taking some of the fun out of it though
No, not fully prepped. Some light trimming still required. But light. They were really meaty. AND delish.
C50B95BC-1EC3-4C2E-833B-D1C453B4EC0D.jpeg
B85F36EC-EF02-42A6-BC49-EF2AB618ACBD.jpeg
F7759BA7-84B2-4B64-8899-32A025B16B25.jpeg
57C0D40C-1464-4315-943F-411F300C5612.jpeg

I looked at WF, but I'll be honest....I am not paying those kinds of prices. Not when I can get grass fed beef here much cheaper, and drive away with it in my hand.

I looked at WF, but I'll be honest....I am not paying those kinds of prices. Not when I can get grass fed beef here much cheaper, and drive away with it in my hand.
You make a solid point. I guess it just takes some patience to find the right butcher

I hear you. I have tried to find a butcher in the area to provide these. They would need special order and prices are higher than WF. AND usually only choice grade offered. So I wait patiently for a sale somewhere and then pounce.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back